Chapter 7

"Use fire spin!" Finn ordered. Houndour charged at the opponent, the gym leader's Meowstic.

The fire hit it, and it fell over, fainted. The gym leader returned Mewostic and walked up to Finn.

"Congratulations. You have beat the Psychic gym. You deserve this badge," she said. She handed him a light purple badge that he gladly took and put on his jacket.

He was getting ready to walk away, but the gym leader stopped him. "Wait. You should take this," she said. She handed him a glowing yellow stone.

"This is a shiny stone. Only certain pokemon can evolve from it," she said. Finn smiled. "Thanks," he said, glancing at me. The gym leader nodded, and he ran off to me.

"I got my second gym badge! And look at this!" He said, showing me the shiny stone. He glanced at Roselia, who was sitting with me, along with Snorunt and Swirlix.

"You wanna evolve Roselia?" He asked. Roselia smiled, but I mentally freaked out. "I-I'm not sure if he's ready... I'll wait," I nervously repied. Roselia smiled at me again, then looked back at the stone.

We walked out of the gym, and I sat on a bench by the street. I pulled out my notebook and began to continue doodling.

"What's that?" Finn asked, leaning over my shoulder. I replied, "It's our costumes for the next pokemon showcase."

The picture showed me in the middle of Roselia and Swirlix, wearing a masquerade mask, a light purple dress, and a black top hat with feathers on it. The hat was almost the same as the ones from last time, but had some adjustments. Swirlix and Roselia both wore masquerade masks, too.

"That looks pretty! What routine are you going to perform?" Finn asked. I shrugged. "I'm thinking of making the theme like a gown ball in the 1600s."

I went silent, feeling as if I left something out of the doodle. Roselia seemed to notice and stole my pencil.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. She erased her character in the drawing and replaced it with a terribly drawn rose wearing the same mask. Squinting at it, I identified it as Roselia's second evolution.

I looked at him. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked. He smiled and nodded his head. Finn pulled out the shiny stone and handed it to me, which I touched to Roselia.

Almost instantly, Roselia began to glow and changed shape. After the glowing faded away, Roselia was replaced with Roserade.

"Nice! Do you like it?" I asked. Roserade gave a beautiful pose in reply, and I laughed.

I scanned him with the poked and looked at his move set. It read, "Grassy terrain, weather ball, magical leaf, and sweet scent."

I smiled. "This moveset is great! I'll start writing down plots for the routine performance right now!"

----------------------------------------------------

I stood with Swirlix and Roserade on the battlefield, and Snorunt, Finn, and Scizor stood to the side.

We began by giving a synchronized dance and twirling as if we were at an actual gown ball. Then, Swirlix used energy ball at the sky, and Roserade used magical leaf at it, causing it to explode, leaving multiple shimmering leaves fall around us.

I danced and jumped through it, and Roserade uses grassy terrain and sweet scent. Leaves were littered across the floor, and a sweet aroma filled the area.

We continued to dance. Roserade shot out multiple weather ball attacks into the air, and Swirlix hit them with cotton spore, making a shower of glittery foam fall around the area.

Roserade used magical leaf one more time, and we hopped on top of it as it drifted into the air. We spun around on top of it before jumping off. We spun around to the ground, landing in the piles of foam created from the weather ball fireworks. We struck finale pose, and Finn clapped.

"That was excellent! You just need to pick up your costume, now," he commented. I smiled. "Thanks," I said.