I Am Your Shield

One day I said to him,  Why do you always come here?  He said,  I will always be here.  I am your shield and I come to Protect you!  "I asked him from what?"  He said who knows,  maybe monsters.  I said I hate you!  "But he said you do not want me to leave."  I kept quiet and said no,  you are right,  I don't.  Then I looked around.

The following week I did not go to our spot.  But I was just late.  I would show up!"  It was almost night before  I got there.  When I got there,  he asked me if anything was wrong?"

"I told him,  I do not know!"  

"He told me to tell him,  that he would listen."

My face started turning red,  as he said I know,  "Shut Up!"  Before I knew it.  I was snuggled up to him."  "Then I said,  "I hate you."  He said,  "I know."

This time I laughed.  I knew I was frustrating sometimes,  but I didn't mean to!"  He would never want to be my lover now.  "Or would he?"  Well one thing is clear,  no one is perfect!  But we could not live without each other.

We have changed since then.  Grown wiser and older.  Yet more distant at times.  Yet our feelings are the same.  He hates me and I hate him,

Just one more day.

It would have been just one more day.  He knew it and so did I.  I just needed one more day,  and I would make all his dreams come true.  

I made plans for us at 7:00 P.M.  I walked in and the waiter knew my plan!  I walked in the room,  and I walked out on the balcony,  it was cold as I waited there.  I would ask him if he wanted to be mine forever!

"He would have said yes!"

He would have said,  "yes, yes,  a million times and forever!  I can't imagine my life without you..."  as my tears fell,  the moon was shining,  and I thought when you said you was not ready,  you would slip away.  You would leave me alone forever:  I need you!

  You would leave me alone forever:  I need you!