Part 1

There was a light knock at the door. 2D turned his head away from the gore on his television screen and got up, pausing the DVD. He expected to see Noodle on the other side, with how gentle the knock sounded, and he was a bit surprised when he opened it to see Murdoc instead. The bassist normally didn't knock at all, just bursting his way into the room if he had something to yell at 2D about.

"What is it, Mudz?" He asked, genuinely curious. The satanist was leaning against the doorframe, an empty bottle of rum in his hand. 2D could smell it on his breath from there. Murdoc shushed him and waved him aside, stumbling into his room.

"Shhhhh faceache, be quiet, yeah?" He slurred. He took a non-existent swig from his empty bottle, then dropped it on a pile of clothes, disappointed. 2D watched as the older man stumbled his way through his room, finally settling down on the bed, falling back onto it with a grunt.

The singer folded his arms and walked over to the bed, standing over his band mate. "Mudz, you're drunk, what do you want?"

Again he was shushed and waved away as Murdoc slurred, "Mm not drunk mm higher than the roof of my winnebago!" He almost yelled the last word, spreading his arms and giggling. Whatever he was on, 2D thought, he had still mixed it with alcohol. His mood shifted from annoyance to concern when his friend started crying softly. He sat down on the bed next to him, and Murdoc quickly grabbed onto him. The action would have normally made 2D flinch, but in this vulnerable state, Murdoc was the one who needed comforting. He awkwardly placed a hand on the bassists back as he sobbed into his lap.

Murdoc was mumbling some things that 2D couldn't understand, but he let his friend vent nonetheless. Finally the older man sat up slightly and sniffed, still crying heavily. "You're my only friend, D." The singer quickly shook his head and began to reassure him that it wasn't true, but he was ignored. "Russel hates me, Noodle doesn't know what to think about me anymore, everyone thinks I'm an asshole." While 2D sort of agreed with the last statement, he placed both hands on the bassists shoulders, making eye contact.

"Murdoc. This is just the drugs and liquor talking. You're fine, alright?" Murdoc nodded in agreement, probably not even understanding what the singer had said. 2D stood and tried to pull Murdoc up by the arm. "Come on, I'll walk you back to you're room." He was quickly pulled back down onto the bed by Murdoc, who protested.

"No, no D, let's just stay here." 2D didn't have much of a choice, as the bassist was much stronger than him. He sighed and laid down on the bed, and Murdoc quickly cuddled up to him. This had happened a few times in the past, be 2D knew how it ended. By being woken up by a punch in the mouth and Murdoc cursing and yelling at him. As if anything ever happened. He could hear him now, "WHY THE BLOODY HELL AM I IN YOUR ROOM FACEACHE?", followed by angry accusations of seducing him and being queer. Mudz never listened to him when he tried to tell him that he was the one who forced his way into the room. And all he did was cry about his life, sometimes the current situation, sometimes his childhood, sometimes his regrets about plastic beach, but always crying and beating himself up. 2D knew this was the reason he took it out on him instead when he was sober, or at least less drunk.       

"I love you so much 2D...", Murdoc slurred. 2D rolled his eyes and sighed. Again, he was used to it at this point, not taking anything the bass player said in this state seriously. "You're my singer, you know tha'?" Murdoc pulled himself up and inched closer to 2Ds face. He immediately brought his hand up and pushed away Murdoc gently. He wasn't going to let that happened again. That one night, similar to this, that 2D regretted horribly. Never had Murdoc been crueler in the morning than the one time 2D let him have his way. Not the 2D hadn't enjoyed it, but it wasn't really right if Mudz had to be drunk off his ass to do it with him. Not to mention the beating he got the morning after. Murdoc interrupted his thoughts, "Come on, luv, just one time, for old times sake?" 2D shivered. What the satanist was referring to was their time on plastic beach, which 2D tried to block out as much as he could. It was a different time, a different situation, and 2D wanted no part of this.

He looked at the bassist and pushed him away further, with a firm "No." Usually that made Murdoc sad, and he'd give up and go to bed snuggling the singer, but this time seemed to trigger something else. If 2D didn't know any better, he'd say that Murdoc wasn't as drunk as he said he was.

"No?" His face changed from appreciative to irritated. "Faceache, you don't tell me 'no', remember?" He sat up and quickly straddled the tall man before he could push him off, and grabbed a fistful of blue hair.  2D gasped in fear as sudden flashes of plastic beach burst through his mind. Not like this... His eyes started to involuntarily water at the memories. He grabbed onto Murdoc's arm and desperately tried to make him let go.

"M-Mudz, calm down, let go, ok? It's alright let's just go to sleep." He whispered in an attempt to relax his friend.

Murdoc leaned down to the side of his head and whispered in a gravelly tone, "Not til I've had my singer." 2D tried hard not to panic and counted his breaths to calm himself. He'd done this before, it wasn't that big a deal, he could do it again. He pushed the thoughts of how the morning would be out of his mind, and mentally prepared himself for what was about to happen.