Chapter 1: Lilith and the Masked Child

It was a cold autumn evening; the skies were blackened by the smoke of a burning building, an orphanage. The young fourteen year old Lilith Ramsey heard about the reports and smiled to the thought. She had decided to check it out after a week has passed. Surely no one had payed attention to it by now. She grabs her black coat and walks out of her small house, heading way to the orphanage.

  Lilith finds the burned down orphanage, suprised that it was even slightly intact. She walked around into the abandoned building. The stench of soot and death everywhere,

  "Aww, this is saddening! Oh well, I guess I can take a these bodies!' she says, her tone in cheer. She edged closer to a body.

  "Huh? Is this..." she places her hand on a body that was shaking. She turns it over and shrieks in suprise; she found a living body.

  "I-I thought- What- Who are you?!" she shouts. The body edges closer to her, shaking up in fear.

  "S-Shh...N-No..." he barely lets out in a whisper. She begins to relax by the sound of his voice and sits down next to a wall.

  "I-I thought everyone was dead here," she says with a slight laugh. The boy shakes his head no, his long black hair covering his face entirely. He walks over to where he was laying and picks up a white costume mask. The mask was covered in soot and blood. He pulls back his hair and puts on the mask, then adjusts his hair again so it covers the eyes of the mask.

  "I-I did. D-Did this. Right, L-Leon?" the boys says with a slight studder. He picks up a brown teddy bear, making it nod.

  "Leon? Who's that?" Lilith asks, curious about this boy, "What are you talking about?" The boy crawls to her, grabbing her softly by the wrist and leads her to the orphanage's kitchen. He points to the oven and giggles.

  "That doesn't answer my question boy. What happened?" The boy pulls his mask and giggles, his cheeks bright red and bloody. His eyes are a deep brown, pupils mis-shapen.

  "I-I. Burned. Th-the orphanage," he lets out in a studder and pause.

  "H-Huh? Wait...you killed everyone here? Aww! Thats so sweet!" she says, quickly grabbing him and pulling him close to her, his face in her chest. His eyes open wide, his cheeks turning red in blush.

   "Come on, you're coming with me, no questions asked. I'll take care of you, boy. I promise," she says quietly, smiling.

   "C-Can Leon. C-Come t-too?" he asks, holding up the brown teddy bear.

   "Oh, thats Leon! Of course! I don't mind at all," she says, smiling. He follows behind her, awaiting to see his new home. As they walked out, the boy noticed a slim, tall faceless man standing beside a boy that looked about Lilith's age. He was shorter than Lilith and had long blonde-ish brown hair. His hair was shorter than the boy's that was following Lilith.

   The boy and the tall man vanish, not to be seen. The boy kept close to Lilith, keeping with her pace as they return to her home.