Preface

Substantive pedagogy requires epistemological certainties, which, as far as I'm concerned, do not, and cannot, exist in creatures given to fallibility, as humans incontrovertibly are. It's amusing at best, and disheartening at worst, to see pompous pedants run amuck everywhere in this day and age. Which is why, in writing this, I do not seek to presume an all-encompassing truth, as I've rather come to detest something of that endeavor—in others, and in myself. How very presumptuous, how arrogant and misguided is it, to lend credulity to a notion that we should possess faculties with capacity for comprehending objective truths, abstruse insights as they are—to suppose we have bearing on them, or that their credibility is remotely influenced by our endorsement, according to our paradigms of what's currently acceptable. If the case be not ever, at least with the frequency it manifests nowadays. Nein. I wish to postulate an explanation, not the one, for although I'm not readily inclined to believe we'll achieve absolutes anytime soon, I do believe there is value in a partial picture, incomplete though it may perhaps be. The theme to the scene may remain obscure, but at least that lizard in the corner is a reptile.

This treatise is but a few strokes of a brush in a vast, dynamic, beautifully intricate picture of probable reality. Perceive it however you like, be it a jagged line straight down the middle, marring the grandeur, or a shadowing that details newfound depth. 

This project is currently incomplete.