Chapter 2

A long, long time ago, the Tsukino Empire was one day plagued with 9 suns. Misfortune and destruction would arrive when the suns rose to take their place in the sky. The emperor saw that everything was charred and lifeless. His people were suffering, so he devised a plan, where he will shoot down the suns in the sky at the highest peak in the east. The emperor and his party left the palace as the suns were setting.

Finally, they arrived at the highest peak in the east, which faced the blue sea. The emperor mounted his horse and commanded his party to quickly set up camp. Drums were placed around the camp, so drummers would announce the suns rising to the emperor. The plan was set in place.

In the high peaks of the mountain range, an hour before dawn, a white-clad figure slowly made its way to the cliff that overlooks the sea.

"Lady Shun'e, please be careful."
___________________________________
"Oi, Shun, why are you in the story?!"

"Oh, if Shun is Lady Chang'e, doesn't that mean Hajime is Houyi?"

"Haru..."

"Well...let Shun finish the story. Tonight is a special night. So let's listen to it."

"Fufufu~ arigatou ne-"

"Oi, Shun, just hurry up with the story"

"Hai,hai..."
___________________________________
A cascade of silvery-white hair twirled and framed the pale fair face and lime colored eyes as the figure turned towards the voice.

"Fufufu~ It's alright Yayoi-chan. I won't go out too far."

A female with collar-length light sandy green hair, lime green eyes, and a mole under the left eye, sighed."Lady Shun'e, you must remain inside. It's dangerous out here."
___________________________________
"Ah, I'm also in here."

"Haru..."

"Haru...er...Yayoi's essence..."

"Ah, Yayoi chan is missing her essence."

"That's terrible...."

"Our condolences, Yayoi."

"Yayoi, don't mind."

"Come on, now."
__________________________________
"Yayoi-chan, don't worry~."

"Lady Shun'e, I am your handmaiden. I have every right to worry about you."

As the two bantered, another voice made its way into the conversation, "May I ask what has transpired for the two of you to be outside?"

Shun'e and Yayoi-chan turned to find a figure dressed in a black hanfu decorated with purple and orange embroidery, a jade butterfly hung from the belt. Her thigh-length hair was down, shoulder-length hair framing her dull pale purple eyes.

"Empress Yu." Both Shun'e and Yayoi-chan clasped their hands and bowed at a 35-degree angle, diverting their eyes to the ground or closing their eyes as they did so.
___________________________________
"Eh, why is Hanazono Yuki in this story?"

"Shun, who else is going to be in the story?"

"Don't worry Hajime~! You'll appear soon~!"

"Shun, just continue."
___________________________________
"Greetings Shun'e-san, Yayoi-san. What has transpired for the two of you to be outside?"

"Lady Shun'e wished to breathe in some fresh air," Yayoi said with her head still inclined.

"I understand. It's best that the both of you heed my advice: Try not to be too loud." With a slight bow, the Empress returned back to her tent.

The pair resumed to their original position and watched as the Empress entered her tent. The silence was thick before Yayoi asked "Lady Shun'e, may I ask you something?"

"Oya~ what is it, Yayoi-chan?"

"Is there a reason that you are awake this early in the morning? I always have to wake you up every morning. The only time you have woken up so early was when the Emperor planned to spend time with you." Yayoi inquired.

Shun'e was silent before saying "The sea."

"The sea?"
___________________________________
"Kai, I found you."

"Ah, did you Rui?"

"Kai is the sea."

"Ah...really..."

"Kai wakes up Shun, just like Kai woke up Shun'e."

"I see..."

"Kai, don't mind."
___________________________________