Eight: In which he explains (pt 2)

Also not edited. Ain't nobody got time for that.

~*~

 "Remember what I told you earlier?" he asked, his voice losing the slightly panicked edge and slipping back into a sultry murmur. Their foreheads rested together easily.

"Yeah," Aria whispered hoarsely.

A gentle kiss, like the one that had started it all, was shared. "I love everything about you," he said. "Keep that in mind, because I'm pretty sure you're going to hate me in a minute."

Her eyebrows knitted together, and right when she was about to ask why, he leaned over and flicked the light on.

She blinked for a second, her eyes still adjusting. When they did, she was speechless. Then, she was screeching incoherently like a banshee and covering herself frantically with the blanket they had tossed aside.

"Aria, calm down!" Titus pleaded, putting his hands up defensively.

"I can't calm down!" she roared angrily, kicking him. "I just fucking-" Horror washed over her face as the realization of what he had done- what she had done- finally set in. "This isn't a dream, is it?" Titus didn't answer. "That's why you wouldn't let me..." Her eyes trailed down his bare chest, going lower until- "Put that away!" she screamed, covering her eyes.

Titus looked down at his dick, which was still pulled out of his boxers, then back at her, his eyes incredulous. "Not even five minutes ago you were-"

"I know what I was doing, so don't remind me!" Aria interrupted. "Just put it away!"

He grumbled something under his breath, too low for her to hear. "You're fine now," he said. She didn't move the blanket away. "Come on, Aria, I promise I put my dick away. Can you at least uncover your face?"

"No," came her muffled reply. "I'm too embarrassed." She paused. "At least you couldn't see me naked," she added.

"Aria, I don't know if this is the best time to tell you, but I can see perfectly in the dark." Aria groaned like she was in pain. "Besides," he continued, "I've seen you naked plenty of times before. Or are you forgetting about all those dreams we shared?"

His hand rested on her knee above the covers, and she didn't move away. Suddenly, she pulled the blanket down, showing her furious expression.

"You used your power on me, didn't you?!" she yelled accusingly.

Titus laughed boisterously. "Sorry to say this, sweetheart, but that was all you," he answered, the wicked grin she loved so much coming out. "I'm the demon of lust. I don't need powers to get someone hot and bothered. It just helps." Catching sight of her anger boiling under the surface, he quickly remedied his words. "I didn't mean for it to go that far," he said defensively. "I didn't know you were awake. I just wanted to kiss you."

His eyes widened as they both processed his words. He stammered for a second, and Aria tried not to laugh, since she was pretty sure she was the only person to ever see Asmodeus stammer and live to tell the tale.

"You... you wanted to kiss me?" she asked timidly, not knowing where her sudden shyness came from. "And nothing else?"

"Well, of course I want something else, but I-I just settled for a kiss instead," he answered, matching her bashful tone.

Neither one looked at each other; Aria played with the edge of the blanket that was still covering her nakedness. After a moment of tense silence, Titus spoke again.