Chapter 1 Lonely bride

Today is her wedding day.

With one of the richest man in the city, the heir of Wylie family- Noren Wylie.

  ReeEn heard that Noren is a handsome rich but cold prince. Not only he has a good appearance but a smart one. When ReeEn met Noren for the first time, honestly, she was shocked. She never met anyone, Anyone like Noren before. Big dark eyes, beautiful skin and brown hair. His face and body just like a perfect sculpture. The only thing is, he never smiles. Sometimes, ReeEn can't help thinking what kind of pleasure it would be to see his smiling.

Noren is a cold prince who doesn't smile, or maybe doesn't know how to. ReeEn is a small town girl, didn't have many chances to meet boys. Time to times, she would see nice looking guys from TV shows or magazines. But seeing a perfect sculpture like Noren is a whole new different experience. His face constantly reminds ReeEn that he just walked out of a manga book. Too perfect to be true.

Maybe God thinks it is time to bring some surprise to ReeEn's boring routine, her life changed one day. ReeEn's grandma Sayori was brought to the hospital. The worst news ReeEn has ever heard. It's gastric cancer, last stage. The doctor told her she is too old to have surgery, and even they can perform surgery on her, she will not be able to make 6 months.

ReeEn is an orphan, she never knew who her parents were. One day, Sayori found ReeEn was abandoned in front of the church. She never had a kid even she and her husband tried so hard. And they decided to adopt her and named her ReeEn. ReeEn's grandpa Nobu passed away when she was 3, she doesn't really remember that much about Nobu. All ReeEn can remember is that Nobu had long white bears that she used to pull until Nobu shout out big AWW. Sayori was her only family and even the life wasn't that easy for a single woman to raise kid herself, she gave ReeEn everything she can. To ReeEn, Sayori is the one and only family. Thinking of losing her, ReeEn can't stop crying and would try anything she can to ease her last few months.

It was just like a TV show, ReeEn met Noren in hospital.

ReeEn heard the conversation between Noren and his secretary Lyor.

Noren's to be wife ran away.

Literally ran away.

On the way to try wedding dress, his fiancée said she was feeling uncomfortable. Lyor took her to hospital but after he was back from a call, she disappeared.

It is not hard to guess the reason.

It was a revenge.

First, even Noren announced he will get married all of sudden but didn't make clear who was the fiancée. All TV channels and newspapers were talking about him and well-hided fiancé which made the whole world was curious about who is the luckiest girl. Second, Noren was not the type of a guy that will only date one girl even after the announcement.

From the conversation, ReeEn knew that Noren's to be wife Erika, a popular supermodel is also from a rich family. Different from Noren, even though she had quite extraordinary boyfriends before, she chose Noren to be her future husband. They've been together for awhile, had few breakups but didn't announce they were together again until Noren told reporters this bomb news. But..people don't change that easily. Knowing playboy Noren is not gonna change, she decided to teach him a lesson. Escaping before the marriage was her plan.

She purely just wanted to revenge.

ReeEn had no money, there was nothing for her to sell to get extra money. The house was rented and they are barely paying the rent every month. And then she realized this could be a chance for her to make a difference. Even it is a fat chance, she had to try. She can't watch Sayori die miserably.

"I can be your fake bride. Only if you can help me to pay the hospital bills."

That is exactly what ReeEn told Noren and his secretly Lyor.

ReeEn knew there was bigger chance that Noren will call her crazy but to ReeEn, she had no choice. Nothing would be more painful to watch Sayori suffering from pain during her last few months.

ReeEn remembered Noren's look.

Just like there was a giant scanner scanned her from inside out. She found herself was shivering when she looked into Noren's eye. Beautiful but full of humiliation. She never met him before but thanks to magazines and news, somehow ReeEn figured Noren's personality. She thought there will be a slight or huge difference when you meet someone you used to see on TV in person.

But there wasn't.

He was as cold as people said.

She was said and regretted as soon as she said that.

Why would she do that?

Was she crazy?

How on earth an heir of a world-recognized investing company would make a ridiculous deal with a 20 years old small town girl?!

But guess what, life can always find a way to surprise you.

Noren said yes.

The only condition was she had to listen to Noren whatever she was told to do until they get divorced. And for the first time, ReeEn lied to Sayori. Saying she found a job in the city and she had to leave right away. Sayori didn't say no to ReeEn since she knew she was going to die soon and it is very hard for a small town girl didn't graduate from college getting an offer form city. She didn't want to and couldn't stop her. Even she wanted to let ReeEn stay until passes away. But then she realized how terrible it is to let her only daughter watch her die?

That was the whole story.

Tonight, she became Mrs. Wylie.

She was picked by Lyor, drove at least 4 hours to get to the city. ReeEn had never left the town. When she saw a whole new different world outside of car window, she couldn't hide the shocking face. Buildings are tall enough to hide the sunlight, only a few blocks were lightened. It was busy and loud. To her, people walking in the street are just like models. They are wearing fancy clothing and all kinds of bags. They looked beautiful.

When the car arrived at Noren's apartment....no, the palace would be more like it. It is too big for less than 10 people to live in. ReeEn found herself lost few times and she had to spend extra 20 minutes to get back to her room. Before the wedding, five maidens came into her room started decoration project on her. After 5 hours of hard working, when ReeEn looked into the mirror, she was shocked and amazed how she looked different and...beautiful.

She never used the word "beautiful" on herself since she knows how normal she is but now ReeNe totally believes those ads on TV constantly saying makeups would change a woman's life.

She was happy for while but later when she got to the church, she couldn't smile anymore.

First of all, when she got to this huge Wylie castle, no one, even those maiden looked down upon her. Everyone knew she was a fake fiancée. A temporary replacement for someone unknown. The whole world knew it was a joke but no one stepped out and say anything. ReeEn heard few girls talked the marriage would end in less than a year and this was just a way to let those reporters shut up. It was said to hear but ReeEn couldn't deny.

There were tons of people in the church, none of them ReeEn knew. She thought she had to say hello to the visitors but she didn't. Noren's secretary was smart enough to "hide" her from the public after Noren and ReeEn changed the rings, ReeEn found herself was on her way to castle. As Noren, Lyor told her he would not be back shortly.

---

Music link was copied from youtube.