10

The Hospital

After Jenna could finally stand, they transferred her to a mental facility. The psychiatrist that came to examine her decided she was a danger to herself. Before Jenna left she got to talk to Teresa before she was put in an ambulance. "I'll visit you no matter what it takes," Teresa said with tears in her eyes. Jenna had to choke back tears whike she nodded her head. Teresa gave Jenna a final kiss before the paramedics loaded her into the back of the ambulance.

The trip was short and before Jenna knew it, she was being moved into a normal looking building. It wasnt at all what she thought it would be. There weren't a bunch of foam covered rooms with people in straight jackets. It was like a highly guarded doctor's office. She relaxed a bit. They went down a hallway and stopped by a door that said "Admission". A nice lady came out and asjed Jenna a few questions then went back in the office.

After about five minutes the same woman came out with a digital camera. She said, "We have to take a picture of you. Smile!" Jenna just sat there and let her take the picture. Moments later, the paramedics were moving her back to another part of the building. A nurse unlocked the door and she was taken into a halkway. As she heard the door slam, she got very anxious. They unrestrained her wrists and took the buckles off of the gernie.

They sat her in a chair and took her blood pressure and temperature. A few moments later, they took her back to a small bathroom and made remove most of her clothing, checking it for anything she couldbmp harm herself with. Within the next hour, she signed paperwork and was shown where she would be sleeping and different parts of the unit. Soon after, she was sitting in a room they called the "lounge" with a group of curious eyes looking at her. As she examined the room, she realised there werw about twenty girls there.

After a few minutes, a girl asked, "why are you here?" Jenna didnt say anything, not knowing how they would react. The same girl asked the same question again. After that, Jenna told her the story. She was very nervous, but people nodded and some cried a little. Another girl-noticing how anxious she was-said, "Dont be anxious. No one here will judge you based on your past." With a pause, she then said, "We're almost all here for the same reason."