----------

Saturday, 1:13 am :
Soon I could hear the sound of sirens in the distance. Someone was bound to call the cops after the loud bang I guessed.
I watched in silence, a smirk playing on my lips as they cuffed Anna. She seemed oblivious to what was happening. She stared at me, as though wanting to scream. Her eyes blood red. Almost as red as the blood on the floor. My smirk grew wider.
As she walked out the door I heard a blood curdling cry erupt from her mouth but it was nothing compared to the laughter that left my own.
Anyway, let me go back to explain what actually happened last night.

Friday, 11:06 pm :
It had been almost a week since Kevin asked Anna out to dinner and it was scheduled for today. Which meant I had a week to formulate my plan and make sure nothing comes in the way. I saw Anna getting dressed in front of the vanity. She wore a simple olive green dress. It brought out her eyes well, I thought. It clung tight to her shoulders and hip and flowed down easily coming to a halt right above her knee. She added some slight makeup on her face. I scoffed noticing how much effort she was putting into this. If only she knew all her effort would be in vain. Her eyes overflowed with emotion. I could definitely read some nervousness in there and also an another emotion I couldn't quite put my finger on. She then clasped on a small silver charm bracelet that went nicely with the dress and slipped on some flats. She looked nice. It wasn't a kind of cinematic reveal like in the movies where the tomboy turns into a completely different person. She looked like herself, and I loved that about her. Finally she slipped on a brown cardigan to keep herself warm. She was ready, and so was my plan.
We soon heard a knock on the door. Kevin stood there in jeans and a casual T-shirt that was too figure hugging for my liking. His brown hair was ruffled as usual with just the right amount falling to his face. He smiled a genuine smile on seeing Anna. And just like that my hatred towards him intensified.
Anna told Kevin that she'd meet him at his car in a few minutes. She then turned to me and said, "Look, I know this is a huge step. Hell it's a step I didn't even know I was capable of, but I need you to stay strong and trust me. Don't try talking me out of this. I'm begging you. We might actually be happy because of this."
She had stopped speaking but I wasn't paying any attention to her. I watched her eyes instead. I watched as the crinkled at the corners when she smiled to say goodbye. And in that moment I knew. My plan was foolproof.

To be honest I was quite impressed with Kevin's idea of a first date.
He didn't go with the usual movie date or to a fancy restaurant. He led Anna instead to a planetarium.
She loved the stars. It gave her a sort of hope but I was always quick to remind her that hope was just a fairytale. I had made sure she packed the essentials for the date.
Some money, some makeup, and a gun, just in case.

The date went on pretty well. I had to stop myself from gagging at the cheesy pick up lines from Kevin lest they notice I've been following them. Kevin walked Anna back home and I followed close by. I noticed that he was prying. Asking her about her private life. Things she doesn't like to talk about. Her parents. Her past. I was literally leaping with joy. This was going to be so easy I thought.
And then he said something that pushed me over the edge. He asked her why she lived with me. It felt like my world collapsed. I screamed as loud as I could. Let him die. Kill him. Those were the only words leaving my mouth. But Anna seemed transfixed to the ground. I screamed with all the strength that I had in me and suddenly I heard a sound louder than my voice. A gunshot.
I was so proud of my little Anna. She never did fail to listen to me.

Saturday, 1:32 am :
The cops took her away and I sat with her. Comforting her as best as I could. I told her it was for the best. She cried into my arms and said she couldn't do it anymore. I looked at her beautiful face and just knew that she didn't deserve this. So I pushed her out of the Jeep. She hit the ground and almost immediately a truck ran over. I knew it was for the best.
I'll have to get a new best friend.
And who am I? Fear.

------- The End -------