The Reason She Left Him

The reason she left him was quite simple; he would not stop hurting her. Not physically, as most would assume, but emotionally. He was a sick man who seemed to enjoy breaking her into pieces. 

At first, their love had been wonderful. It was the "honeymoon phase" as her friends would later tell her. But that all soon faded. Their beautiful relationship that once had a blue sky and chirping birds quickly turned into a sadistic picutre of vultures leering at her and the sky becoming dark and twisted, suffocating her until she could no longer gasp for air.

Whenever their world turned dark, she would cry hysterically while he frantically apologized, promising never again to do such a cruel thing. And then a month would pass. And the vultures returned. The cycle between bright skies and dark would continue until the time between each dark sky shortened.

Soon, every day would find her suffocationg, with him promising his empty promises. She loved him but it was clear to see that he would never feel the same way. She was a puppet and he was the puppet master. He controlled her every move. He found amusement from her despair. When she cried and sobbed, he chuckled and smirked. 

So she left him. She cried for weeks, but she was no longer trapped in the cycle of anguish. And finally after a few weeks, the skies were no longer dark, but gray. Her heart wasn't healed, but it was not torn. She could breathe again.