07

real quick, this chapter is for wolftard , who messaged me today saying that they love this book and it really made my day, so thank you so much for that!!
i can't reply on here, i'm so sorry, i'm not blanking you, honestly.
soooo i'm saying thank you by writing a new chap!
also for all those who comment lovely things on my book and they always make me happy, i love you all!
-

y/n's pov
Noah drags me through all the hallways with me jogging behind me, wondering how did i get myself into this situation? i'm bunking off but never had the courage before.

"y/n, trust me," says noah, and he pushes the school doors open.

i don't know why i trust this strange boy, but i do, for some reason.

he takes me out of the school grounds entirely and out into the town.

"what if someone sees us?" i ask him, nervously as we slow our pace and start walking.

"finn will explain everything, i promise." he says, not answering my question.

"i don't know if i trust him." i say.

noah stops and turns to me, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"y/n, i get why you don't trust him yet. i honestly do. but you like him, i can tell."

"how?"

"well, living in a town full of artificial emotion, you learn to recognise pure and genuine emotion in other people. trust me, you're confused, i know that. but you do like him. i see it, and he definitely likes you. he's a good guy, if you trust him and like him, it's not a mistake! i don't lie, y/n. please just give this a try."

i think for a moment and then nod.

he smiles and walks towards the park. in the very centre, there is a huge tree. an oak tree. and in the centre, there is the most enormous and grand tree house i've ever seen. i remember admiring it on my walk around town a couple of days before.

noah walks over and i see a ladder hanging down from the branches. he expertly scales it and smiles down at me.
"c'mon!"

i hesitantly take hold of the ladder. it swings a lot but holds. i start climbing slowly and when i reach the top, noah helps me up.

"you okay?"

i don't really know, nerves are wracking me for some reason. a part of me wants to bolt like an animal, but i nod shakily.

noah knocks on the door.

"who is it?" shouts a muffled voice.

"it's schnipper, and i've got a friend with me."

silence, then the door swings open and i'm face to face with finn.
he stares at me, shocked, then smiles.

"hey, silence! i didn't know you'd come! come on in."

i scuttle in and face the others. i see dark-skinned caleb from this morning, ginger sadie, curly haired gaten and the other girl who can only be noah's girlfriend.
she is the only one i haven't encountered yet, but she stands and walks over.
she hugs noah and turns to me.

"hi, you must've y/n, i'm millie," she says in a strong british accent, and extends her hand. i shake it, and she smiles.

"you look nervous, we don't bite, you know," she says.

"we don't but she does," says caleb. "you should have seen her this morning. finn calls her silence - couldn't have picked a less appropriate nickname, if you ask me."

"i'll say!" agrees gaten and sadie together. then sadie turns to caleb, scrutinising him.

"wait, why were you with her this morning?"

he throws his arm around her shoulders. "just a healthy dawkins welcome, sads, nothing more."

she nods, mollified, and looks back at me.

"you can sit, silence," she says, dragging out the last word.

i start slightly, and go to sit in the last available space on a moth eaten couch between finn and millie.

everyone stares at me.

"what?" i ask, defensively.

"what are you doing here?" everyone except noah and finn asks.

i glance at noah, who nods encouragingly, his arm around millie.

"i'm here to get out." i say, and everyone looks taken aback.

"you are?" asks finn.

"noah explained. he said you could tell me everything, so spill." i say, looking at him.

as he meets my eyes, a strange tingly feeling shoots through my whole body, and i feel like i'm falling into something i can't get out of.

he stares at me then blinks and shakes his head slightly.

"right," he says. "come out on the balcony, i'll explain everything. i promise."

he and i walk outside, to snorts of laughter from sadie, caleb and gaten, and knowing smiles from millie and noah.

once outside, finn turns to me.

"once i tell you this, you can't back out. i'm sorry, but that's how it is. do you trust me, silence?"

i look into those beautiful brown eyes and find that noah's right.

i do like him.

he likes me.

and i trust him.

-
so, there you go! i hope you liked it, i will try to update again soon seeing as i'm on half term now.
love you all!!!