Prologue

On one side of the afterlife, the sky and air itself shimmered with starlight. Wolves from all around descended from the hills, coming from all directions. Stars shone in their fur, their pawsteps light as a feather. Although the majestic wolves had beauty in everything they did, through the starlight forests, an air of worry crowded them this night. They gathered to discuss worriedly about one wolf's future, that had long since been written in the stars. One noble she-wolf who's pelt was dim and slightly transparent, the trees seen through her fur. Her yellow eyes shined brightly, sweeping over the gathering wolves. She silenced their nervous growls with a wave of her tail. "Wolved of StarPack, we know why we are gathered. This young pup could threaten not only all the packs, but StarPacks as well." She paused to let her words soak in. "I see that you are worried for the future, it is not our place to interfere." A russet wolf stood, her fur shimmering with stars and her eyes blazing. "This wolf could destroy us-" She was cut off buy the she-cat, "This pup," she corrected, "Could destroy us, that does not mean that it will." The wolf sat back down, her eyes still blazing unhappily. The she-cat hushed the crowd, growling in fury. All of you, this ends now, this conversation is over." The wolves faded away looking half-satisfied. On the other side of the afterlife a dark and ominous forest loomed. Shadows swirled and not a single star shone through the thick trees. Ragged and scared wolves gathered, sliding over the marshy ground. Shadows swirled around their paws and clung to their fur. A huge ragged wolf stood on a log above them, scars covering her fur. Her voice was rough and her teeth pointed. "This is our chance to triumph over the packs, for the young pup can lead us through where we failed with the perfect training we can turn this pup into an unstoppable killing weapon. Cheers erupted from the wolves below, and the ragged wolf let them quiet down before continuing. "Our only problem, is what wolf is fit to train this death-bringer?" The wolf asked. One armored she-wolf stood "I will train the death-bringer." A wolf faced her, "No I will train the wolf!" With a ferocious growl the she-wolf launched herself at the other wolf. Just then a massive dark brown wolf with a white circle around one eye, her fur ragged. The massive wolf moved surprisingly fast. Then she had the wolf flipped on her back, helplessly pinned to the ground while the she-wolf was trapped under her hind legs.
The wolf stepped off of them,standing tall above the other wolves. "I will train the death-bringer." Her voice was calm and controlled. The wolf who had called the meeting grinned darkly, "Ahh Heartshade, you are the perfect wolf for this, you are in charge of watching over the death-bringer." Heartshade's fierce yellow eyes glinted with twisted joy, hera face contorted in a smirk, "The packs will fall under the paws of this wolf and once their disposed of, even StarPack will fall to the shadows."