Chapter 8

Their bodies remained locked together till the dawn. Neither one of them ever made it to the casinos, or enjoyed any of the other enjoyments Vegas had to offer. Nevertheless, both considered it the best vacation either of them had ever had.

The best part of which was, unlike most of Camila's encounters, this one didn't end with a kiss goodbye and separate cabs to the airport. Using her position with the airline, the vice-president of in-flight operations secured them two first class tickets for the trip back to Los Angeles on the midnight flight.

On the way, she told Lauren  about a position with the airline that she was sure the woman was more than qualified for. That was if she was really looking for something more interesting than medical supplies. She would have to get the job on her own, she added, but a good word from her might make all the difference.

Lauren  thanked her, saying that she would give it some thought, then went back to the book she had been reading. The seeming disinterest made Camila 's spirits drop. Perhaps, she thought to herself, it had been too much to hope for that this weekend might lead to something more.

"People do act differently when they're on vacation," she reminded herself as she glanced out the window at the star filled sky. "I guess reality has already began to sink in."

It was a sadness that still hung over her ten minutes later, when Lauren  got up from her seat. She looked about the mostly empty cabin for a second, taking note of how many of their fellow passengers were taking advantage of the late hour to catch up on the sleep they didn't get in the twenty-four hour city.

"I have to use the ladies room," she said in a casual, nondescript tone.

Camila merely shrugged in acknowledgment, not even bothering to look up from the report she had taken from her briefcase and begun to read. She didn't even notice that, for a few seconds after that, Lauren  hadn't even moved.

"I might be in there a while," the green eyed beauty leaned over and whispered. "I'm feeling a little nervous."

"What?" Camila  said a few seconds later as she looked up, only to see that Lauren  had already walked the six rows between them and the first class facilities.

Now that she was sure that Camila's eyes were upon her, Lauren  paused after opening the door to one of the two rest rooms. The twenty-five year old had the most mischievous grin Camila had ever seen on her face. A look that was both impish and inviting. Then the door closed behind her, but after a few seconds more, Camila  also noted that the small in use sign on top never went from green to red.

Dropping her report back in her case, Camila  rose from her seat and started down the aisle after her. Perhaps, she thought as her heart fluttered with a renewed excitement, the vacation wasn't over after all.

THE END