Retreat

Pyro's eyes seemed to bore holes into Sniper's soul, and he could almost feel the scorching embers of anger and betrayal emitting from him.

The room slowly began to crumble as the fire started to spread. Sniper came to realization.

"We need to get out of here," he told Pyro, who didn't react. He only stood there eerily, clenching his weapons close to his chest. He almost looked more unstable than the room they were in.

Exasperated, he rushed for an exit, only to remember that Engineer was still in there.

What if he was still alive? Maybe Medic can help him...

"What the hell happened in here?" Scout said as his nosey self popped his head in through the door. Sniper didn't even respond as he returned into the burning building.

"What are you doing man?" Scout yelled for him, but he wasn't listening.

Sniper found Engie's motionless body, the floor around him pooled with his own blood. Sniper's heart felt a twang.

He has to be okay.

He didn't have time to check if he was alive. He just had to get him out, no matter what.

Sniper dragged his body towards the exit, the roof threatening to cave in as pieces of ash and burning wood began to fall over them.

"Leave em, Snipes! It ain't worth it!"

But Sniper pushed on, feeling his back giving out. His lungs stung as they filled with smoke and he began to feel lightheaded. The exit closer and closer, but so did his unconscious.

Please... hang in there, mate.

Scout pulled them out just as the roof collapsed behind behind them. Sniper fell on his knees, coughing and hacking.

Scout grabbed the collar of Sniper's shirt and pulled his semi-conscious self back up.

"That was suicide!" He said angrily. He then looked around before letting him go.

"We still need to get outta here; we're in the middle of a war zone."

"We gotta... we gotta get him to the Medic." Sniper wheezed, a hand over his chest.

Scout looked at Engineer and slowly nodded, not having the guts to tell Sniper that he was long gone.

While the two of them carried Engine away from the scene, Sniper began to wonder about that Spy again.

Damn Spy.

He didn't know if Spy even survived and escaped too or if he got stuck in there and died. Either way, he wished him dead. But Pyro... what ever happened to him?

As soon as they got to the Medic's office--where he was waiting for Engineer to return from warning everybody--Sniper and Scout laid Engineer down and Medic went to check for a pulse.

Medic look at the two other men sadly. He was going to announce him dead when he noticed Sniper swaying slightly.

"Sniper, would you like to take a seat?" He said, but as he words left his mouth, the mercenary was already headed towards the ground, unconscious.