Chapter 1- Lost in my thoughts

Elsa's POV [age 14]

Conceal, don't feel...I thought, wringing my fingers together. Why had this stuck with me for so long, even after I had control of my powers? No, this isn't true, I DON'T have full control of my powers. For all I know, they can go crazy again and I'll be the bad guy once again.

I wish I knew of someone who also had the same powers as me, someone that had control of them and could mentor me.

And why do I say I have control of my powers, just because I don't make icy spikes when I'm trying to do other things, like make it snow in my room, or worse. No, that is not total control.

"Elsaaa!" I heard Anna speak through the door. I stayed where I was, my knees to my chest and my back pushed up against the door, icy blasts on the walls around me.

"Go away, Anna." I whispered, although it was pretty clear she heard. Warm tears streamed down my cheeks. Why me, I thought.

"Do you wanna build a snowman? Come lets go and play..." Anna sang, clearly knowing song was my greatest weakness. Song made me forget about my problems and I usually sang along. Not this time, Anna.

"No, Anna. I'm sorry, just go." I ordered, more tears falling down my rosy cheeks. I heard her sigh and her feet patting down the hall back to her room.

I slowly stood and felt my tears dry a bit, but that didn't erase the pit of guilt and pain I'd held inside for years.

I laid on my icy but soft bed and stared at the vanity, my eyes getting a bit droopy. I remember seeing the maid's smiling face as she walked into the room with my dinner tray before I feel into a deep slumber.

~Flashback~

"Elsa, don't worry. You aren't a monster. You just don't know how to control your powers." My mother said, her soft voice comforting.

"When will I?!" I yelled, backing into a corner and putting my hands under my armpits, trying to hide my hands and the horrible power that cascaded from my palms.

My mum seemed at a loss for words, clearly wishing my 'know it all' dad was here to help. She opened her mouth, thought for a moment, then stared at me, right in the eyes.

"Has papa ever told you about The Guardians?" She asked, her voice clear and airy. I shook my head and she continued. "There's a boy about your age on that team, twelve years old. Now, these guardians are very powerful, they protect the earth."

I nodded, a signal for her to continue, which she did.

"The boy on that team has the same powers as you, except they come from a long stick that's curved at the end. His name is Jack. Jack Frost." She explained. There's someone out there--like me?

"Where is he?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"You can't see him unless you believe in him. Maybe one night he'll come." She said. She stepped backwards, fading into darkness as I whipped my head around, shouting and looking for her beautiful face.

"Mum!" I screamed, swimming around in the pitch black.

"Elsa..wake up."

~Flashback over~

I flickered my eyes open, suddenly alert. I sat up, rubbing my forehead and blinking as the room came into focus. The dinner tray was next to my bed on the nightstand, otherwise, everything else wasn't touched.

I wasn't in the mood to eat so I went into my closet and slipped on some jean shorts and a navy blue hoodie. I didn't like to dress in dresses and formal clothes, I just dressed my own way when there wasn't anything important. I pulled on some navy blue vans that had come from America, an apparently more advanced country than the island of Arendelle, and tied my platinum blonde hair into a messy bun. I took my gloves off, as I did everytime I snuck out into the forrest to wait for Jack Frost to visit. Maybe one night he'll come.

I slowly opened my door, turning my head from side to side to make sure the coast was clear. I then shut the door quietly and sprinted downstairs, making my way out the first floor's balcony door. I jumped on the bars that bordered the balcony and then onto the roof, sliding down it and jumping to the giant limb of a tree. This is how I got out of the castle everytime I wanted to be free and alone.

I climbed down the tree and hit the ground, the scent of pine and earth invading my nostrils.

I made sure that I walked far away from the castle before I started trying to practice my powers.

I looked aorund, hoping with all my might that this Jack Frost was real, I'd sure believed in him.

"Jack, just please...I know you're out there. I need someone who can understand me, who knows what I'm going through. Why can't you come out?" I pleaded, overwhelmed with my life. This wasn't supposed to happen. This is going to end. I'm nineteen now and I've believed in Jack Frost ever since age twelve, why can't he come?

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks but I didn't bother to wipe them, I just slumped against a tree and cried.

That's when I felt a soft breeze rush by my cheek, almost as if it was caressing it. No wait, it wasn't the wind. It was an actual touch, actual skin, an actual hand. Someone was here, wiping my tears with their thumb. Someone is here.