p r o l o g u e

"Mama no!" My little 5 year old self exclaimed.

"Baby, mama and papa are just gonna go away on a business trip. I promise you, we will be back in 1 month and 6 days ok?" My mum answered, quite innocently.

My little self nodded. But little did I know, I wouldn't see them for longer.

Why exactly 1 month and 6 days you ask? I don't know. It's probably because my favourite number has always been 6 or maybe because it was the end of the 4th month and they'll be gone for the 5th month leaving 6 days in the 6th month. Too much detail? Yeah probably.

Whenever I would go to the pond, I would always see six ducklings following their mother duck. I don't know if they were the same or not but I would always count six; when I couldn't count, my mum would tell me. That was basically the only reason why 6 is my favourite number.

Anyways. Watching my parents walk, with loads of suitcases, out the door is the key reason as to why my 5 year old heart shattered in pieces so little, it was dust.

As I see their car drive away, I was already planning on what to do for their arrival in a month and 6 days.

As the days past by I would mark the days off in the calendar and I had also labelled the day of my parents' arrival.

• after 37 days •

"YAYA!! YAYA!! MAMA AND PAPA ARE COMING HOME TODAY!!!" My little 5 year old self beamed excitedly.

Yaya was just smiling at me, now I know why it wasn't a happy smile. I had noticed that at the age of 5. In Yaya's eyes, it was full if sympathy. She knew that my parents weren't coming back.

I had prepared drawings for my mum and dad to show how good I was in my art class while they were gone. I had worked so hard on it, excitingly waiting to give it to them.

But to my surprise, they never came. I hadn't eaten that day. Only the crackers and the juice Yaya gave me, but other than that, I didn't eat a proper meal. I wanted to eat with Mum and Dad.

I went in the house, bawling. Manong, our driver, saw me and carried me, trying to make me stop crying. The only words that came out of my little mouth was,

"Manong, am I a bad girl? Do Mama and Papa not love me? Where are they?"

And Manong's response was,

"You are an angel, never forget that okay? You have never been bad, so stop crying na."

After unsuccessful attempts to make me stop crying, I eventually just cried myself to sleep.

From then on, I never smiled. I always waited for my Mum and Dad to come home but then I lost hope at the age of 12. 7 years. 7 fucking years. I waited for them, but now I have no patience left. As my childhood left me, so did my respect and love for my parents.

After 7 years of waiting, I gave up and the rest of my current years of being alive, 5, I just never smiled, I never made friends. My only friends were art, music, basketball and volleyball. I'm now off to college, needing to make friends because apparently, I'd have to live with my teammates for the rest of my UAAP years. Yes, I am apart of a famous UAAP women's volleyball team but I still don't wanna make friends.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

•-•-•-•-•-•

•-•-•-•

•-•

My first story so please support it! Judge all you want but that doesn't stop me from publishing. Only my laziness and lack of ideas will 😂. Because of my laziness, I didn't read it over so if there are some mistakes, just point them out 😅😅

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Adìos!!

~troie