;1; The compliment

//
trans•gres•sion

1. A violation of the law, principle or duty.
2. The exceeding of due bounds or limits.
//

Harry's pov:
I sat with my head against the window, watching the hills streak by. My head was pounding, and being on this train wasn't helping much. Today is September 1st, the day I finally get to return home, to Hogwarts.

"Harry? Did you hear anything I said?" Hermione jostled my shoulder, snapping me out of my trance. "Oh...sorry 'Mione. I'm a bit out of it today." I said apologetically. She gave me a sad look, and patted my thigh. I had been all summer. Sirius' death was insanely hard on me.

The hills slowly changed to forest, and the trolley stopped at the door of my compartment. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" The plump witch asked. "Yeah, I'll take...." I heard Ron's voice trail off as he decided what to buy. I considered getting something to eat, and was about to stand when my stomach started to writhe like a snake.

"You alright there, mate? You look kinda pale." Ron stated with a mouth full of pumpkin pasties. "I'm fine. Just going to take a walk. I'll be back in time to change." I brushed them off, leaving the compartment.

I walked all the way down to the other end of the train, when I bumped into someone. "Well, if it isn't Potty. Where's your pet Weasel?" I heard a drawling voice say. Malfoy. Of course. "Go away, Malfoy. I don't need to deal with you right now." I turned around and walked away from him at a brisk pace.

"Potty!...I mean, Potter. Wait!" Malfoy called. "What. Do. You. Want." I said through clenched teeth. "You, uh, look nice today." He mumbled, and slipped into one of the compartments.

What the bloody hell was that?
Malfoy, complimenting me?

When I got back to Ron and Hermione, they both jumped me with questions. "Where did you go?" "Why'd you take so long?" "Why is your face red?"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled. Hermione cringed back in her seat, and Ron put his arm around her shoulders. "Woah, calm it down there mate. We were just worried 'bout you." He said in a calming tone.

"Listen, get your robes on, we're almost there." I quickly put my school robes on, and apologized to Hermione. "Mione, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled like that..." I said softly. "It's fine, Harry." She snapped.

What a joy. Fuck me.

At that same moment, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle stalked past. The blonde gave me a subtle wink as he passed, and I tried to contain my gag. Does this fucking ferret like me?

Draco's pov:

Once I slipped into my compartment where Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle were waiting for me, I sighed and slid down the door to the floor. "He's just gorgeous... Him and his stupid green eyes..." I sighed. "Potter again?" Pansy whimpered, stroking my hair.

All four of them know how much I love that idiot of a boy...or man. Yes. He's very manly looking.

I nodded in response to Pansy, "I... I told him he looked good, and he just blushed and walked away. He looks so cute when he blushes!" I exclaimed.

"Get some." Blaise muttered under his breath. He played with a hangnail on his thumb, not meeting my eyes. "What does that even mean?!" I asked him, slapping the seat. "You say that whenever I talk about him!"

"Blaise just wants you to be with Harry, as you two obviously were made for each other!... Right, Blaise?" Pansy said soothingly, patting my hand. "Yup." He muttered.

I looked at the fogged up window, and drew lightning bolts all over it with my finger. This year, I thought to myself, this year will be the year I can call Harry mine.