Chapter 5

The day goes on and I'm at home finally. I change into a jersey and basketball shorts. I gather up my troops which consist of Ann Yi, Cole, Woody, and Ranger. We all ride in Ranger's car to the court. We say hey to everyone and I walk over to Sam and put down my bag which has a change of clothes. I sit and talk to him about how life is. When something or should I say, someone, catches my eye. It was Aiden, he actually came it was kind of awkward. He spotted me, smiled, waved and started walking towards me and Sam.

"What the heck is he doing here?" he asked in confusion.

"I invited him why are you mad or naw?" I asked with a silly tone. He just shook his head.

"Hey guys, I thought I was going to get lost on the way here, so I was kind of glad I came here in one piece. So uh how are you guys?" Aiden pants.

"Good." we both said. We all sat awkwardly silent until Butch came I got up and starting walking to him.

"Go get 'em, tiger!" Sam yells from behind me. I turn around walking backward, smile and put my thumbs up. Then turn I back around and I run toward Butch. We do our handshake, which we stole from "Hey Arnold!", we are not ashamed of it was a pretty cool handshake. We look at the players that we are about to dump in the trash and give 'em a handshake of "good game". The guys were like my only African American friends they were regular street players, who I would get pointers and tips from. The game went pretty fast, but we of course won. Butch and I did our victory dance which requires us just putting fingers up in a peace sign and jumping up in the air into a position and staying there for about like eight seconds. We laughed and walked towards our bags.

"Good game guys that were out of the world," Aiden said surprised.

"Well, yeah we got that swagger bra!" Butch bragged.

"Stop bragging Butch, nobody like a show-off," I say with a little attitude.

"I'm just telling the dude here what we got Wren," Butch said in his defense.

"And what do we got?" I asked confused.

"We got you, Wren, you're our good luck charm, ever since you came here it's like the flowers began to grow again," Butch said like it is was obvious to everyone. I was silent for a moment thinking what I should say, then I had it.

"Well, I feel ... loved." I say with surprise. They all laugh and I chuckle awkwardly, I look for something to do, so it won't be more awkward I see Ann Yi and she is running towards me, so I spread my arms so she can run into them.

"Girl you are getting so big, what you been eating?!" I ask with laughter in my voice. The guys laughed while I carried her. She whispered to me, "That boy I don't his name," and she pointed at Aiden which he looked confused, "He's so cute if you don't like him and he's single I'll take him." At this point, I laughed so hard that my sides starting hurting.

"What?!" they all exclaimed.

"It's nothing," I assure them.

"Well, she pointed at me so I would like to know," Aiden said actually concerned.

"Well, I'm not telling you she can tell you herself," I say with happiness. We all look at Ann Yi, who blushes, then she finally says it and they all laugh and Aiden smirks.

"Hey wait, what about us?" Butch and Sam ask.

"I already know you guys, but he is new." Ann Yi says. I put her down because she was getting a bit heavy. Aiden went down to her size kneeling and said to her,

"Well I think you're cute, and I would like to have a girlfriend, but I'm waiting for the right girl."

"I could probably be that girl you know the Mrs. Right." An Yi says innocently and seriously. We all laugh.

"I bet you would be, but there is going to be other guys out there for you and their going to like you." She smiled and blushed. She was speechless! That was enough for her. It was getting dark so I told her to tell Ranger we should go. I started going and Butch and Sam was going their ways, but Aiden called out to me I told An Yi to go on. I walked back towards him and he looked nervous.

"Look this is really hard to ask, but I wanted to know if... we can you know just chill out together maybe get some ice cream." He says nervously.

"Um... well I'll go tell my brother, but uh sure," I say awkwardly. He smiles with relief. I run to Ranger and tell him I was going to hang out with Aiden and he smiles all big and really goofy.

"Aww, Wren is going on a date." He sings.

"No, I'm not." I sing back. I run back to Aiden and he fumbles for his keys in his pockets while we walk to his car, which is a Mustang, and it's dark blue. I run my fingers along the hood. I look up at Aiden and he glances at me and smiles with those dimples and it's so cute and... what am I doing?!