"Oh boy"

Peyton laid curled up in her bed, laughing as jake explained about the old professor at the college who called him eye candy.

"But shes not lying, you totally are and once the girls notice youll forget al about me"

Jake: "come on P you know youll always be my favorite student"

Peyton: " okay perv" she said laughing.

Jake: " so hows your dad?"

"How do yu think he is?"

Jake:" That bad huh?,... well I think I should meet him"

she sat up so fast soon s the last sentence left his mouth, clenching her phone

"Not sure that would EVER be a good idea"

Jake: "I know it sounds crazy but he might ease up alittle i he did , Im a nice guy p"

"oh i definately know that But your also seven years older than me and afew weeks ago you were grading my papers"

Jake;"Easy A" he says in a deep masculine laugh.

"okay seriously not funny"

Jake: " Okay I wont push but seriously think about it, and btw I left you something at your door"

"fucking jesus Jake! you came to my door ?!! are you crazy?!"

Jake:" hmmm , not really only about you, Guess whos coming to dinnerrrr? haha just kidding anywazes yhink about it and let me know, I gotta go. talk soon"

and with that he hung up, and then she heard the door bell chimed through the house.

        HOLY FUCK...." 

she ran down the hall, and almost tripped on the small rug down the stairs.

"Ill get it!!!!"

she opened the wooden door but there was no one there or near the yard

she stepped out onto the small porch and looked around before glancing down

in the corner near the mailbox was a petite bouquet of the prettiest red stem roses shed ever seen and a large yellow manilla envelope with a sticky note attached that read

                        Just think about it

                     yours truly

                                        J.

she smiled to yourself before going in th house, why? seemed like no one cared that she was happy and everything else mattered, but to her he mattered.

she headed straight for the stairs before hearing her dads base tone voice cut into her pace,

"who was that?!"

"Wrong address!"she yelled back before making her way into her room.

she sat the bouqet on her nightstand and sat on her bed, tearing at the top part of the envelope

she slid her hand in and pulled out what felt to be a stack of papers and a thick book, at the top of the header read ( LIFE AT VESSAR)

her heart sank when she realized what it was, an admissions packet to apply to vessar

oh my god oh my god, he wanted her to go with him, but as what his student or his girlriend? in all of afew minutes he has managed to put her worries to rest and create new ones.

ugh this man, being with him brought so much uncertainity , she just wasnt sure if it was a good thing or bad, and this particular moment she needed, the laugh and jokes of her best friend to get her through.

she quickly put on her black chuck taylors, grabbed a cardigan from the closet and headed out.

" Dad in going to lex's" she yelled.

" be back by 11" her dad confirmed from the living room.

"okay " she grabbed her car keys off the kitchen table.

she pulled up in front of lexy's house , it was so beautiful. a big white house with blue shutters

she saw lex's bmw in the driveway and her dads car.

as she headede up the red bricked pathway she could someone screaming,

she got closer and realized it was lexa and he other voice she couldnt make out but was pretty sure it was alexis's dad yelling back.

"Your never home?!!!, your the reason mom is always gone! stop blaming me for your bullshit??!!!"

" I didnt raise you to talk to me this way, you live under my roof!!!"

 she rang the doorbell twice before the the argument came to a quiet.

lexy appeared at the door with wet eyes and her hair in messy bun curls dangling in her face

wiping her eyes with the back of her a jacket, " hey pey what are you doing here?"

she said closing the door behind her.

"sorry lex, I sent you text, i was coming to talk about jake and seeing if you wanted to hang out"

"um actually thats a good idea, let me just go change really quick"

"are you okay?"

"yeah ill be okay"