Reader x Tracer

The sun had set and the stars have come out to play. The moon was shining the brightest I've ever seen. Looking up to the sky I try to clear my mind. I hear the familiar zip of the speedster as she sits next to me.

"Hey love. What cha doing all alone out here when there's a party going on at the base?"

"I just prefer to be alone. I'm not really one for social events with people I barely know."

She nods her head as we look at the sky. I joined Overwatch only four months ago and I haven't really met anyone unless you count training. Tracer was the only one I talk to but she helping me meet everyone. She's really helpful and very kind to me that I started to develop feelings for her. I blush as Tracer leans on me. We continue to stare at the sky until I hear light snoring. Giggling I pick up Tracers surprisingly light body I go back to the base. The lobby still has a small party going on but nothing to loud.

"Hey (y/n). Where were you? This party was on fire." Lucio randomly ran up to me as I try to get Lena to her room.

"Oh uh hey, yeah I'm not really one for crazy parties just yet. I'll be here for the next party though."

"Cool dudette. I'll hold you to that."

Lucio smiles at me before skating off to talk to Hana. I continue to walk to Lena's room, then I put her into her bed, and I give her a kiss on the forehead. I giggle a bit when she starts to smile in her sleep. I walk out the room to see a smirking Mcree.

"Howdy (y/n). What're you doin in Lena's room?"

"Oh I was uh just putting her to bed since she fell asleep outside with me."

"That's sweet of you. But don't take things too fast. Get to know her before you let your heart go wild."

"W-what are y-you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb. I've seen how you stare at her. I know that you might want to push things or not do anything about your feelings but don't take things too fast and don't live in a world of 'what if's' when you can do it."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm just telling you what my father figure told me long ago."

He tips his hat at me then walks to his room. I blush as I rush to my room, put on my pajamas, and lay in bed. Maybe Mcree's right but what if she doesn't like me like I like her? I push my face into my pillow before making a plan. I'll become friends with her and if I still like-like her at New Years I'll tell her but if not I'll pretend I never had feelings for her.

~Time skip~

It's been hell for five months. My 'crush' on Lena didn't go away, I just fell into a hole that people call love, and I fell so deep in that hole I broke my legs.

Anyway New Years is just a day away and Lena and I have become very good friends. We've been helping each other with everything;training, shark week, shopping, and I even helped her emotionally when her girlfriend broke up with her. She had a girlfriend, whom I never met in person, left Lena and she was devastated for a whole month but with everyone's support she became emotionally stable again.

I started to daydream during a conference 76 forced us into because he wanted to make sure all recruits, new and old, knew the policies and the rules.

"(-n)! (y/n) are you even paying attention?!"

I feel a light jab to my side as I look around the room.

"Hmm what is it. O-oh uh yes 76!"

"Then what did I say."

"Uhh th-that Overwatch is still ready to fight on holidays so we shouldn't get too relaxed?"