chapter 10

Liao and Kuvira were in an awkward silence, with Liao staring at Kuvira, and Kuvira staring at the fainted Lin.

Liao then shook his head, before focusing on the platinum that binded his hands and wrists.

He then suddenly remembered what his parents had told him about platinum.

'Platinum is a dense, malleable, ductile, highly unreactive, precious, silverish-white transition metal.'

'Platinum. . . IS STILL METAL!!' He finally figured it out. He took deep breaths to calm himself down.

'Okay, I just have to focus, since platinum is a noble metal. . . Unless there are impurities in it,' he thought again.

He soon began to focus on the metallic particles in the platinum, and found out there were remnants of iron and gold.

'This would be pretty simple now,' he thought again, before looking at Kuvira.

She looked at Liao as well. "Don't even think about escaping. That's platinum," she stated.

"Oh. . ." He looked down, attempting to fool her, and focused even harder to try and bend platinum.

He eventually managed, but it was also the same time than Lin was slowly waking up.

"Ah crap," he muttered, as he began to slowly begin to bend the platinum on his hands.

"Well well," Kuvira said. Lin slowly looked up. "Kuvira?" She asked, not believing.

"Yes. I have escaped prison. Enjoy seeing me?" Kuvira asked. Lin attempted to attack Kuvira but failed because of the platinum that binded her.

"Now then," Kuvira took out her needles, along with an evil smirk. "Time to-"

"NOT A CHANCE!!" Liao suddenly yelled out, before making the platinum flexible enough to be wrapped around his arms and ran straight towards Kuvira with a metal fist.

The metal fist had hit Kuvira straight at the stomach, and she got to her knees and began coughing while holding onto her stomach.

Liao looked at the shocked face of Lin, before he Metal Bended the metal on her hands and wrists and fused it with his.

"H-how'd you manage to Bend platinum?!" Kuvira asked, while also trying to regain her breaths.

'Platinum is still a metal, y'know. Besides, you had a plenty of impurities in the platinum,' Liao thought, not wanting to spill the information.

(Why on Earth would people reveal weak points? It's like showing your weakness(es) to the public.)

"Well sorry, but not telling," he replied, letting the platinum wrap around his legs and he kicked Kuvira straight to the face, before grabbing Lin and running out of the room.

Attempted to run, that is. With the platinum wrapped around his legs, it was hard to run as the platinum was heavy.

He un-bended the platinum, the metal falling down with a 'clang', and soon ran as quick as he can alongside Lin, but somehow they realised they were lost.

Until they saw the glass windows. Once they looked outside, they saw nothing but rocks.

"Seems like we're in a valley," Liao stated, before wearing his non-fingerless gloves and punched the glass.

"Let's get outta here. By now, they've probably alerted the others and switch places," Liao said.

Lin nodded in agreement, before they both got through the window and into the valley, one at a time.