I

Minkyu POV

Jiwoon stopped me from eavesdropping Chaeyoung and Minseok. I didn't get to hear anything they talked about because of the loud music in the background. But I sensed something suspicious.

And upon stopping me, we also went home, leaving Minseok behind at the party. He'll know we left because we left him a message.

After we got off the bus, Jiwoon and I walked towards my house by the sidewalk while I held my head high and look at the shining bright stars.

"The stars are beautiful." I informed Jiwoon.

"They're always beautiful." She replies back and looks at the stars too.

I smiled still looking up, "I wish I was like the stars."

"Huh? What do you mean? You want to be beautiful?" Jiwoon floods me with questions.

I giggled and answered, "No, I mean. The stars always shine bright, right?"

Jiwoon nods, "Yeah? And?"

"And they'll always be."

"Is that it?"

"No."

"Then?"

"The stars are always bright. They shine for others even if others believed that if they weren't there, it'd still have a beautiful night sky."

"What stupidity is that?" Jiwoon said in an annoyed tone. "Who thinks about that? Stars make the sky lighter and brighter. Beautiful! Everyone thinks stars are precious. They are the children of the sun and the moon."

"Yeah, but the sun and the moon even has conflicts. They even broke up, remember?"

Jiwoon gasps after what I just said, "You're deep. But, yes, they did break up."

I lay my head low and sighed, "Is there no end with bitterness in the world?"

Jiwoon laughs, "What are you laughing at?" I asked her.

"It's just..." she stayed silent for a while.

She spoke after we walked a few meters away from where the bus stop was, "You're really just something, y'know?"

She smiles at me, the brightest smile I've seen from a girl. Even hers.

"Whatever." I said then walked faster.

"Hey! Wait up!"

-----

Minseok POV

I went home after I read Jiwoon's text. I was still bothered about Chaeyoung's deal with me, but she accepted my offer.

I tapped in the door's password and opened it.

"I'm home." I said lifelessly after coming in.

Mom rushed to the front and greeted me.

"Son! How's your night?"

I gave her a frown in my face. She must've known its meaning when her face frowned too.

"I won't eat dinner. Good night, mom." I pecked on my mom's forehead and went straight to my room.

I took off my clothes and threw them in the laundry basket.

I went in the bathroom and took a shower.

Shower, the best place to wash off your thoughts.