Part 1

The strange figure

Presented by David Strong

It was a cold misty day on the wall with the storm wind soldiers wearing their blue and gold armor along with a short sword and shield.

As Rand ,the champion, trudged along the frostbitten ground, making the occasional grunt deep in thought speculating possible outcomes.

"Hey if the orc war was lost on the battlefront we would know about it by now" said matt ,one of the new recruits, trying to bring him out of his haze "You look like they will be here any minute they would still have to take Northends before they could make it this far"

Another recruit started to speak "And if they do get this far Kalimdor is one of the most guarded places out of the four corners of the world"

"Yes but if they got this far Then the Alliance would be at the mercy of the Horde", exclaimed Rand.

"Rand has enough to worry about", one of the higher ranking men contributed ,as he walked past "I can hear you from the other side of camp"

Just then there conversation was broken....

One of the men yelled "someone is approaching!" in a worried tone.

Then Rand's eyes drifted over the top of the wall and calm as he was he jumped up and squinted his eyes. the stranger was clad in dark red armor and an enormous wooden shield with armor plating was dented and scratched. it looked like it was salvaged from a siege engine. it was strapped to his arm haphazardly.

"outstanding" said one of the lookouts wide eyed "that shield looks like it has been in use for a while"

The rain was pounding like a thousand tiny hammer blows on the armor. The stranger was walking slowly up the enormous path towards the wall.

"Well i better see who or what he is", explained Rand as he started towards the stairwell

"I'm going with you" matt demanded.

"The alliance is better off if we don't both get killed" Rand said sternly

Rand descended the stairwell clunking in his armor. As he reached the bottom he called out, "send for my horse!"

A scrawny young man ducked into the stable and a moment later reappeared along with his horse fully clad in armor "a truly magnificent horse ,sir" said the young man

"Thank you", Rand said hurriedly as he saddled his horse and called for the men to open the gate. A moment later he was on his way down the gargantuan path. As he road up to the ominous figure he yelled out "halt!"

The stranger did not so much as hesitate which made him wonder if he had said anything at all "HALT!" he cried again.

Still nothing the stranger kept walking as if he had not even seen the champion. Rand could see him better now

The stranger's armor was not just red it was covered with some sort of brittle substance it was ,no, it couldn't be ,could it? Dried blood? it was ,yes, stormwind armor but soaked in blood. The Rand thought to himself.

Then he stopped right in front of the champion there came a gruff familiar voice "old friend!"

Ah.... he did know this voice it was his ,commander, Gawin!

"What happened?" asked Rand

"Can we talk inside?", asked Gawin in a low voice as if they were being watched.