Caliber's Special Night

Author's Note:

Dumugo ilong ko dahil si NeoArcanus ang nag-edit. Si GoddessOfChocolate ang nagsulat ng kuwento. Anong ginawa ko? Moral support! Char lang. Ako nag-isip ng concept at naging flow ng story (tsaka title na rin). Enjoy!

PS: Sabi nung dalawa, welcome daw ang mga constructive criticism (basta related dun sa paraan ng pagsusulat nila) para daw mag-improve sila. Ang akin naman, kahit picture lang ng abs ni Seb (Sehun), sapat na.

===

It was Caliber's big night. The venue was packed with people, from the most beloved family members and friends to the most unknown people in the business associated with the Roswell family. Businessmen were talking amongst each other, friends having fun, guests wishing Caliber the best, and others making the best of the night. It was supposed to be a magical night, but little did they know that their night was going to be more memorable than they thought. Emerald was enjoying herself, when she realized something...

“Eh? Ate Mikaela has been gone for a while now. I thought she was just going to the restroom for a bit?” Emerald mumbled to herself as she let her gaze wander from all four corners of the venue. Emerald asked a couple of their friends but all came up with the same answer. She was dismayed and worried that no one had seen Mikaela for the past few minutes, so she decided to look for her in the last place her friend had mentioned: the restroom.

“Ate Mikaela, Ate Mikaela are you in here?” She called out, but her question was only greeted with silence and darkness. Emerald got a little frightened when the lights suddenly blinked on and off, and was about to leave when something caught her eye. It was a note attached to the mirror. She quickly grabbed the note and tried her best to read what was written, despite of the blinking lights. “In order to find her, the third heir must confess his deepest and darkest secret. Beware, I am watching..." Emerald whispered to herself as she read the note. Confused but scared for her friend’s wellbeing, she quickly dashed out the restroom to warn the others. As soon as she left, a woman wearing a black cocktail dress stepped out the last bathroom stall and faced the mirror as she reapplied her makeup.
“I never thought how much fun this would be. Be sure to entertain me, kids.” she said to herself with a chuckle as she wrote a message on the mirror with her blood red lipstick. “Well, I hope you enjoy my gift, Caliber Roswell...” she stated as she admired her work with a smirk plastered on her face. She quickly left the scene, completely aware of the trouble she had caused.

***

Back at the event hall where the party was being held, Emerald quickly gathered their friends and desperately began to relay the events that occurred ever since she began looking for Mikaela. Caliber swiftly grabbed the note from her trembling hands and silently read the note. His jaw hardened in anger as he directed his glare towards the floor, this expression did not change, not even when his sister, Katana, got the note from his hands.

“Shit…” he muttered out as he ran a hand through his hair. He headed for the stage while cursing several times in his mind. He grabbed the microphone and let out a shaky breath. He knew what the note meant, and what he had to do to find Mikaela. “May I have everyone’s attention please?” Upon saying this, every pair of eyes was on him and the whole room was filled with silence. “I want to thank you all for coming here to celebrate with me,” the audience cheered at this and Caliber waited for them to be silent once again before continuing, “this night is special, and I think it’s about time for everyone to know about the real me…” Caliber’s gaze went from person to person, studying their reactions carefully. Those who were unfamiliar to him whispered to one another, while his most precious friends and family just remained silent with an unreadable look on their faces as they waited for him to continue. He took another deep breath and decided to continue with his confession, “I’m—“ that was until he caught a glance at the woman who was wearing a black mask. After what seemed like an eternity of them staring at each other, the woman smirked at him and mouthed “happy birthday” before bringing a cellphone to her ear. Caliber began making his way toward the woman when the lights suddenly went out, causing everyone to panic and scramble all over the room. Caliber eventually lost track of the woman and began cursing in his mind. He decided to let it slide for now and just look for Mikaela. He searched throughout the whole venue, but Mikaela was nowhere in sight. He was about to retrace his steps, thinking that he somehow missed her, when he suddenly jolted at the sound of someone else’s voice.