Lindsay's First Handgun

Author's note:
Written by GoddessOfChocolate and medyo edited by NeoArcanus. Ayuna is an original character created by GoddessOfChocolate (also known as Ayuna). Walang "Ayuna" sa MHIAMB. Tsaka original din yung quote sa huli. Bigyan niyo siya ng credits kung gagamitin niyo. Okay? Hahaha!

===

While cleaning my room, I came across an old wooden box that hit me with a wave of nostalgia. It had my initials engraved elegantly on its cover while carved on the sides was the quote I memorized by heart. I ran my fingers along the words, admiring each perfectly chiseled line as I softly recited the words with my eyes closed.

"Stay low, go fast. Kill first, die last. One shot, one kill. No luck, all skill."

With my eyes still closed and my fingers on the box, my mind flashed with memories, memories of when I received this box.

Flashback

"And that's another three out of three headshots for you, good job!" Trigger stated as he peeked through a pair of binoculars. I giggled at the compliment and pulled at his sleeve excitedly, wanting to see how I did as well. "Wow, when did you get so good?"

"Well, my mentor did a pretty good job teaching me." I replied, smiling smugly at him, and raised an eyebrow when he responded with a smirk. "I mean, my dad taught me pretty well, so..."

"Ha, very funny, Linny." He answered, rolling his eyes, but smiling nonetheless. I returned his smile, my heart warming up at the use of his nickname for me. "Come on, it's time for us to go."

"Go where?" I asked curiously. We were currently at the shooting range we always practiced at and it doesn't close until nine o'clock, we sometimes even get to stay until midnight since the owner is a friend of the Roswells. Trigger merely smiled at me as he led me to his car. I knew that he wasn't gonna answer my question that easily, so I had to put up a fight. "Triggy, where are we going?"

He just chuckled, clearly amused at my actions. "You'll know when we get there, Linny. Just wait. Now quit poking me, I'm driving."

"Fine..." I grunted out, knowing that he was set on not telling me. I crossed my arms and leaned my head on the window, choosing to admire the scenery outside instead.

A little while after that, Trigger parked the car at the mall's parking area. Not knowing whether we reached our destination or not, I stayed in my seat and waited for him to say something. Instead, he stepped out of the car and went to the passenger's side to open the door for me. When I still didn't move, he offered me his hand and gave me a gentle smile. "You can stop with the pouting and puppy eyes now, Linny, we're here."

"I wasn't pouting," I clarified, defending myself. I accepted his hand nonetheless and pulled myself up from my seat. "I was trying to guilt trip you."

"Well, would it make you happy if I told you that it worked?" He laughed heartily, which made me smile. "Because it did." He added as we walked to someplace only he knew.

"Maybe. But you know what would make me really happy?" I asked him, to which he only responded by raising an eyebrow. "I would be glad if you told me where the hell we're going."

"Hmm, okay. We're almost there anyways," he replied with a light chuckle, "I was keeping track of your record at the shooting range. And to commemorate your 300th headshot, I'm gonna take you to pick out your first handgun. And don't worry about Tito Jacob and Tita Fauzia, they already agreed to this."