Should we?

Lexi's p.o.v

Today is Thanksgiving and I'm so happy to be spending it with my family. Shawn is family, he's the father of my child and I'm so happy he's here with us. It's hard to believe that just 1 year ago, he wasn't here. It feels like he's always been with us. 

I'm preparing the food with my mom and Vale while the guys and the rest of the family are in the living room. 

"I wish dad was here." Vale says while spreading cheese on the baked macaroni.

"I know. I left a voicemail and invited him, but I guess he's not coming." I say.

"Just like he didn't come to Sophia's birth, my wedding, and every holiday ever since he left us five years ago." Vale says almost crying. I can see that she's trying to hold it together, but I know it's hard.

"You know what, it's his loss." Mom said. 

I walk into the living room and tell everyone that dinner will be ready in 10 minutes. I go upstairs to my old room and change into my heals. Shawn walks through the door and sits next to me.

"How you feeling?" he says. He knows everything about my dad and why he left us. Dad didn't want to be in our lives anymore.

"I'm doing as good as I can. I wish dad was here, but I'm happy you're here. It's weird being back in this apartment. I haven't been here since we moved." I say then he laughs.

"I bet." He grabs my hands and we walk back downstairs to all of mom's family. Dad was the only child, so he doesn't have a big family. No one on his side even came. All of mom's side of the family loves Shawn and Sophia just loves everyone. 

We walk into the kitchen and start making our plates. I grab 2. 1 for me and 1 for Sophia.

"I can do it." Shawn says and catches me off guard.

"I can make her plate." he grabs the plate and I'm relieved. I don't mind doing it for Sophia, it's just I'm always stuck making her food and doing everything. Well, I have been her only parent for 4 years, I guess it's just something I've gotten used to. 

We all sit down. Sophia is in between me and Shawn at the table. Everyone loves the food that Mom, Vale, and I made. 

Finally we're done eating and everyone throws their plastic plates away and we all go into the living room.

"Can we get a family picture?" Shawn says and catches everyone's attention. We all get together and one of the cousins takes the picture. Shawn is holding Sophia and holding my hand. Austin has Vale in her arms and mom is smiling with her sisters. We take the picture and then get back to talking. 

Eventually everyone leaves except me, Sophia, and Shawn.

"You guys better get home before the black Friday traffic starts in Manhattan." mom says and hugs Sophia.

"What are you saying? It already started." I joke and she laughs.

We exchange our goodbyes and take the elevator to the lobby and get in our car to go back to the apartment. 

When we get back. Sophia is tired and I take her up to her room and tuck her in. I walk to my room and see Shawn laying on my bed.

"So I'm going to post that picture with the family on Instagram." He says and I nearly trip.

"WHAT??" I say trying not to scream.

"The media already has their suspicions about you, me, and Sophia. Why not confirm it a little bit more. We are family."

"Yeah you're right." I say and get undressed into pjs. I turn around and see Shawn looking at the New York lights. 

"I posted it. Check your phone."

I grab my phone and look at Instagram and go to his picture. I like the picture and it already has over 200,000 likes in just 3 minutes. The caption says "With the family and the best daughter and love of my life ( @ lexialderidge ) any man could ever ask for. I read the comments.

@ mymymendes        YES I KNEW IT!!

@ lexismymom          SHAWN AND SOPHIA ARE SO CUTE! Father and daughter goals!!

@ flawlessmendes   We all new Shawn was daddy material but I didn't actually think he had a kid!!!!!!!

@ dallasmymendes    IM FUCKING SCREECHING

I laugh at the comments and like the picture and decide to comment something. 

@ lexialderidge     I'm complete now loml <3

"Get ready for TMZ news reports and all these paparazzi's to ask questions for complete conformation." Shawn says. I stand next to him and look him in his eyes.

"I don't care about that, as long as I have you."

"And that is why I love you Lex." 

My heart stops. 

"I love you" he says 

I think I'm about to cry. He said it. He hasn't said it in 5 years. I thought I'd never hear it again.

He wipes his thumb across my face and dries my tears. He leans in and kisses me.

"I love you too" I say and kiss him again passionately. He pulls away and stats talking.

"I love you so much. I never stopped." I am overcome with happiness.

I hug him again and he picks me up and takes me back to my bed. We lay next to each other. His arms wrap around me. I fall asleep with a smile on my face and my hands holding his.