Stop teasing

Lexi's p.o.v

It's New Year's Eve and the sun is starting to go down which means that it's almost time to leave to go to my mom's apartment for her party. The rest of the family will be there including Shawn's family! I can't wait to see them again and that's all Sophia is talking about.

"Mommy I'm ready to go now." Sophia says jumping up and down while Shawn tries to put on her jacket to leave. I laugh and open the door and we all walk out. Eventually we get to mom's apartment after walking in both lobbies and a taxi ride here.

We reach her floor and everyone looks and gets excited.

"Sophia!!!" My mom and Shawn's mom say in unison then walk over to us. Sophia jumps out of Shawn's arms and runs over to both of them. Shawn and I look back at each other and smile. We walk hand in hand out of the elevator and go greet everyone.

We talk to Shawn's family. His grandparents came and they are so hilarious. I love that they are here. We greet my relatives and soon enough we greet and talk to Austin and Vale. We're just standing across from one another. I drink my champagne glass out of awkward silence between us.

That phone call was priceless. Why even pick up the phone while you're having sex! No one wants to here that 😂.

"The weather is nice." Austin says

"Yeah the snow is beautiful" I say.

"Soooooooo" I speak up again.

"Soooo."Austin says with his glass in his hand.

"Um Vale, let's go say hi to Aunt lily." I say and pull her away from the situation. I grab her hand and we walk past Aunt lily and Vale looks confused.

"We're not actually talking to Aunt lily right?"

"Nope"

I take her to a hallway away from everyone and she speaks up.

"About the phone call, I thought it was important. That's why I picked up."

"Well Vale, it definitely wasn't important enough to hear ear porn basically." I say and she chuckles.

"Well sorry." She says with a smile and I laugh.

"You were on speaker phone so Shawn heard it all." I say and her cheeks flush.

"Ahhh really?!?!" She says and I laugh.

"Just thought you should know." I say and we walk out of the hallway back to Austin and Shawn. Me and Shawn walk away and start talking.

"What did ya'll talk about?" He says while looking at his shoes.

"Ear porn" I say. He stops walking and looks at me.

"What?" He says and I try to contain my laughter.

"The phone call" I say. He chest goes down as he takes another breathe.

"Oh" He says. I move closer to him. I look at the bottom of his shirt and trace my finger along the buttons up the the collar. I connect my eyes up with his.

"You look so fine." I say and he bites his lip. He moves in closer but instead of kissing me, he whispers in my ear.

"Hopefully my parents can take Sophia tonight, so I can show you a fun start to the new year back in our bedroom." He whispers and I try to contain myself.