| C H A P T E R O N E |

Cinderella's stepsister.

That's what I was called by almost everyone in my school. Just because of my sister, who seemed like the perfect girl; kind, pretty, popular, perfect grades and stuff like that.

She may look perfect, but behind her pretty face, all she did, was this one specific thing. Lying. And those lies were mostly about me. All of them were just to bring me down, making me seem evil to the rest of the school.

I lived together with my mother, my stepdad, Evan, and of course, Emma, my beloved stepsister. It was obvious that both my stepdad and stepsister didn't like my presence at all. They tried to turn my mother against me but luckily, they never succeeded in that.

  ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵  

The bell rang, signalling it was time to to class. Everyone was looking at me and whispering, making me wonder what Emma had said about me that time. 

"Hey, Arabella!" I heard a guy yell my name. I rolled my eyes, because I knew what was coming. "How many boys have you slept with during summer break?"

"Could you fuck off, please?" I said, rolling my eyes once more. I tried walking away but he grabbed my wrists and pushed me against the lockers.

"Would you mind adding me to the list of the guys you have fucked?" He said with a grin from ear to ear.

"No," I said, pushing him away, "And don't fucking touch me again."

Once I arrived in the classroom, I sat down on a chair in the back of the class, away from everyone. "Have you seen the new kid yet?" I heard a girl ask her friend.

Just at that moment, a boy walked in. He was wearing a black hoodie and black ripped jeans, along with black vans. The parts of his neck and hands that were visible were covered in tattoos. They were absolutely beautiful, if you ask me.

He looked around the room and decided stay away from the rest as well. "He's totally hot," I heard the girl from earlier whisper.

Moments later, an all too familiar face walked in. Emma. She looked at me with a scared expression on her face, before walking over to me. "I just wanted to say sorry for what I did this morning, but please, don't hit me like that again," she said, loud enough for everyone to hear. I decided to ignore it, knowing that it wouldn't help much if I defended myself.

"What the fuck is her problem?" One of Emma's friends said. 

Emma turned her attention to the new kid and walked over to him. "Are you new here?" She asked him.

He closed the book he was reading and looked at her, "Uh, yeah."

"I'm Emma, also know as the Cinderella of this school," she said, smiling kindly. She was so fucking fake.

"Ah, interesting. Who's your evil stepsister then?" He asked, crossing his arms and sinking back in his chair a bit.

"Her," she replied, pointing at me. He looked over to me and I shyly looked down at my lap, not wanting to have eye contact.

"Are you sure that you're not the evil stepsister?" 

"Well, of course I am. Why would you think that?" She said, looking a bit taken back by what he said.