Late Night Walk

"You're getting married!?"

I visited Yoriko at her job in the bakery and broke the news to her.

"That's... that's amazing news! Does this mean I get to be your bridesmaid??"

"Not just any bridesmaid, I'm going to make you my maid of honor! Only if you accept, of course."

By the sound of her squealing, I took it as a yes. Before she threw her arms around me, I had noticed her pretty bow furrow.

"What's the matter, Yoriko?"

She shook her head but I gently pushed her back to create enough distance between us. Then I gave her a look.

"Nothing... it's just... will you... stay in my life even after you've become a married woman?"

"That's an absurd thing to ask. Why wouldn't I?"

"People tend to leave me."

I chuckled because I couldn't imagine anyone leaving this sweet girl. But once I locked eye contact with Yoriko again, her expression told me she wasn't kidding.

"Do you think people come back even after they leave?"

I couldn't exactly figure out who she was referring to until it hit me at the last second.

"I believe that whoever is meant to be in your life will always gravitate their way towards you, regardless of how far they try to run away."

She pulled me in for a hug once more before telling me to wait for her until she got off work.

"Sure. But what for?"

"I'm taking you to get a manicure!"

"Ehh?"

"We've got to show off that sparkler!"

***

"How's Yoriko doing?"

After we had gotten a manicure and went window shopping, I dropped Yoriko off at her home before letting my feet guide me towards :re.

"She misses you."

Touka raised an eyebrow. Her blue eyes narrowed at me as they asked the question of whether or not I had told Yoriko about her.

"No, I didn't. I'm not that stupid."

"You are if you said yes."

She aimed her finger towards my left hand, spotting the ring.

"Don't tell me you..."

I touched the ring and started twisting it around and around on my finger. Slapping her hand against her forehead, she sighed.

"You did."

"I love him."

It was all I could say. I didn't need to explain anymore.

"Don't you think you're moving too fast? I know you knew him before but you've only just reunited with the guy."

"I'll be fine. We'll be fine."