Chapter 5: Old times

One last step. The fact that it had been years since I saw him terrified me. If he did not remember me, he would kill me. So many years. Why would he remember me? I was unimportant. Just a regular girl that. . . well, that he saved. I felt a couple tears prick my eyes. I so desperately wanted him to remember.

The Joker was crazy. I would admit that much. He was young before. Different. Killing . . . murder. It changes people. I don't know if it changed him. I was hoping it didn't. He was so... I don't know how to describe it. He was.... Oh, I give up. He was so different, it was hard to even describe him.

"Ms. Quinnzel." The guard said snapping me out of my trance. 

I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't said goodbye to the greened eyed guy. He was cute. Hmmm, I wish I could have his number. 

"HARLEEN!" The new guard yelled at me.

"What!" I snapped at him. Can't he see I'm trying to compose myself.

"Get in the damn cell already." My head snapped up in anger.

"What is your name?" I asked in a tone that says, say the wrong word I will fucking punch you to hell.

"James. Now stop being a damn pussy and walk into the fucking cell." James said with a small smirk.  Did he really just say that? Are you kidding me. I turned to face him and slapped him across the face, hard. Oh, he thought he won? Ha!

"Remember, I order you, not the other way around." A slow high pitched whistle came from the Jokers cell. I stood shock-still with a slow grin growing on my face.

"Got a sour bite to her." He said with a wide grin covering his face. He was staring at me. No, leering at me. I shied back a bit and looked down at my red dress. His favorite color I remembered. He loved the color red.

"Joker." I said stiffly. I watched him closely. I saw him tense up a little. He look up into my eyes and I knew he remembered. I winked and I saw his grin get impossibly bigger.

I watched him as he clapped his hands together and watched as his dull red lips opened as he said, "Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" I held back a laugh and walked forward and pushed past the guard. I went past the Joker sneaking him a grin. I turned around as him and the guard stared each other down.

I rolled my eyes exasperated. "Joker. Get in here." I said and he didn't turn around.

I remembered my old name for him. I shook my head but the flash back rushed into my mind before I could stop it.

                                                                                           * * *

"You killed her." I whispered staring at my dead mom. Blood was pooling around her head in a sickening slushy way.

"She would of killed you first." I shook my head and let out a laugh.

I felt him come up behind me. His warm breath on my neck. I shuddered as he whispered, "The world is yours, destroy it." I let a small haggard breath.

"Pudding." I said turning around and facing him.

"What?" He said starting at me like I was crazy.

"Lets go get pudding." Then I grinned. "Puddin'."

"Fuck no. Your not calling me that." He growled.

"But I just did." I said with a smile.

                                                                                             * * *

I shook my head and said "Puddin'." Making him turn his head and grin.

"Can you get the hell out of here, whats your face." I said to the guard. He glared at me and let the room. I grinned and turned to the joker.

"You remember me." I said breathlessly.

He walked up to me slowly. I couldn't read him, but I didn't back down. I just watched him move. He got closer and closer and he stopped right in front of me.

"Its been a long time doll face." My face contorted in anger and I slapped his arm.

"There's place in hell for you!" I said in a fit. I hate that nick name.

"Your right, honey. Its called a throne." I let out a laugh and he joined me.

I couldn't believe this. There's got to be something wrong with me. I couldn't be like this. He's crazy. I got to cure him. Make him sane. I groaned. He's a monster. And he's got a hold on me.

Laughing.

Just like old times.