What Would I Give?

Chapter 1:

The Broken Bonds and Broken Hearts

It was a special day for the whole family. At least that's how it started. But isn't that how all nightmares start? On a special day?

That day was the best day my family had in a while, and would probably one of our last happy days. It was a great day because that was the day my sister was finally coming home from her trip somewhere in the Amazon rainforest. She was gone for a biology class trip over spring break, which her boyfriend went on as well. 

I will admit that I have always been jealous of my sister. It's not that we don't get along, I have just had this secret envy of her ever since we were little.  Her name is Amia, but mostly people just call her Mia. The best way I can describe her is gorgeous. She is 18, has long, blond hair, and bright green eyes. She has always been the center of attention and everyone likes her. And then there's me. My name is Alayna. I am 16 and have brown hair that is about shoulder length and grey/blue eyes. I have never really stood out.

So, here I am sitting in my car, playing sudoku, waiting to pick up my older sister sister from, most likely, an amazing trip in the Amazon rainforest.

I sighed and checked my phone to see what time if anyone had tried to contact me, which is basically a joke in itself. I had one text from mom.

"Text me when Mia is coming to your car! :)"

"Okay"

Thats when I saw Amia coming. I texted mom to let her know Mia was coming then got out of my car to help her with her bags. That's when I noticed something was wrong. She didn't have that happy skip her step like she usually does. She was slowly walking, head down, to my car. I walked twoards her with a puzzled look on my face. " Hey, how was your trip?" I asked. She looked at me, her eyes red and puffy as though she was crying. "Mia?" That's when it started. She started sobbing. I mean full out sobbing. As I pulled her into my arms I looked around to see the crowd of people leaving the airport staring as they walked by. I brought her over to the passenger seat, sat her down, and proceeded to put her bags in my trunk. As I go tin the car I noticed her sobs had been replaced by a terrible cough. I waited for her to stop her coughing and when she finally did we sat in silence.

" What happened?" I questioned her. "I-It's Marcus," she stuttered. Uh oh, her boyfriend. "What did he do?" I was turned twoard her now. "He broke up with me...." This was not my area of expertise. "Oh, I'm sorry." I replied. She replied with more hacking and sniffs. "Did you catch something from someone on the trip?" I asked as I started up the car. "I don't know. I got all my vaccinations and no one was sick." She answered me. Thats when I noticed a huge area of her skin was quite rashy. "Whats that?" I asked pointing at the rash. " Nothing! Stop asking me so many questions! I'm fine!" She answer harshly. Quite out of character for her. "I think you need to see a doctor." I answered quietly. " Stop pushing things on me I told you I'm fine! It's probably just a cold!" She replied with a look that told me to back off. I looked at my lap as she yelled at me. When she finally stopped glaring I looked up and started to drive home. 

I knew I should have taken her to a doctor. In reality I know now that no doctor could help her. 

Or any of us.