Chapter 39

After giving our statements at the police station, we were told that Mark was most likely going to be jailed, looking at the number of crimes he committed. I'm not going to say I'm totally fond of the idea but at least there would finally be peace.

Rose was being punished by her parents and she was locked up in her room for nearly an entire week.

"Jiyeon?" A voice sounded through a call.

"Yes speaking", I replied.

"I am really sorry for w-what I have done...I was let off the hook but I never really felt alright, I'm really sorry about what happened in the past and even now", Rose spoke.

I didn't say anything as she continued.

"I've cancelled the wedding with Joshua", Rose said in a firm voice.

"What did you do to...convince your parents?" I asked.

"They volunteered to cancelled it themselves. They said it was a bad idea to just marry off their only child. I'm really sorry Jiyeon", Rose apologised again.

"It's okay", I said.

"You'll forgive me?"

I remained quiet. "That doesn't mean you can start bullying me in any way", I replied.

"Of course. I'm really sorry this time", Rose mumbled.

I hung up the call after we said our byes and laid in bed.

Three months later

"Yesss!!! I'll be graduating!!" Yuna shouted as she tugged onto Jungkook's arm.

"Well duh", we both answered.

"Both of you didn't graduate?" Yuna asked.

"Of course not! I'm going to be working at the cafeteria down the streets of my house!!" I shouted.

"Yeah! I'll be inheriting my father's business", Jungkook said shyly.

"Aww that's great!! We can officially work!!" Yuna said and jumped around.

"Jiyeon!"

I turned my back around as I faced a couple.

"Taehyung!" I shouted and turned to the girl beside him. "Your girlfriend? Nice to meet you!"

"A-aniya...she's..she's..."

"...your future girlfriend", I continued for him.

The two laughed as they blushed together.

"Aww you two look cute together!!" I commented before leaving them alone.

I walked down the quiet aisle, thinking of how my life being an employee would be and how it's going to change when I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist.

"Hey", he whispered.

I smiled and turned around.

"Did you graduate??" I asked Joshua.

"No."

"WHAT??"

"I did not graduate... and I'm so sad...", Joshua said, rubbing his eyes cutely.

He quickly hid something behind his back.

"No one gets fooled by your lies", I said and took the paper out of his hand.

"Hey!! You got a better result then me alright!" I pouted and folded my arms up just below my chest.

"Cutie, Jiyeon", he said as he pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him back.