Indigo

Dear Indigo,

You were there when  I cried. You embraced me and my thoughts with open arms.

You kissed my lips so I could kiss sorrow goodbye.

You comforted me...

...or so I thought.

You were my karma. I hurt violet and somehow, I deserved you to a certain extent.

But I knew from the beginning that using him was wrong and that running to you as a security blanket was worse than using him. I used him, you used me.

The embraces, the way you looked at me, the way you held me, the way you helped me, the way you kissed me... they were all lies. They were all pretensions.

Violet told me about your five other girls. I believed him, but I still kept loving you.

Guess the heart wants what it wants.

That's the problem sometimes. The heart doesn't know what it needs until the brain punches the heart with a baseball bat and say "Hey! Wake up and get your act together!"

You made it clear to me who you chose and no matter how much I try, you wouldn't choose me. I begged you to stay. I begged you to love me.

In the end I realized I was stupid to pick up some trash just because they were littered by someone. I picked you up and I kept you instead of throwing you away into the correct trash bin where you should be: in her arms.

With all sarcastic sincerity,

Marra