Chapter 1

My family, Mum, Dad, older foster brother and I, are heavy metal/rock fans so everyone thinks we're weird. We are the Jackson's. My foster brother walks up to me. "Iris, do you have my Ozzy Osborne CDs?" he asks. "No sorry James I only have my CDs." I say as I pass him my CDs. My Family puts name taggs on all of our CDs. I did kinda of tell the truth about his CDs because I didn't have them but I had hidden them in his room. "Can I put one of your Ozzy Osborne CDs on?" James asks as he grabs my stack of Ozzy Osborne CDs. "Sure." I say with a shrug as I pick up a box of my stuff and head from the lounge room to my room. I open the box and see all my posters and get to work covering my room in posters. Unfortunately my new room is bigger then the one I had in America which means I have a bare patch of wall. I thought moving to Australia meant I would have warm weather but it looks like Victoria is the coldest place in Australia. "Don't forget You and James are going to school tomorrow." Mum says as she walks past my room.

"Hey Blondy, get in here." Says my dad, using my old nickname. Dad called me Blondie because I was the only blonde out of Dad, Mum and I. "Coming Dad." I say as I put my huge JET poster up. I walk into the kitchen where Dad is. "What is it Dad?" I ask. "Look what I found." Dad says as he shows me a stack of my manga books. I gasp. "There's more in that box along with your anime stuff too." Dad says as he picks up a box of tool boxes. "Thanks Dad." I say with a grin. I grab the box and jog to my room. I set my manga books on built in shelves just above my bed and put my anime in my DVD rack. I put my anime games in a cupboard next to my consoles and Flat screen T.V with the rest of my games. I put all my anime merchandise, that can fit, on my desk and bedside table and the rest in a drawer. I notice my anime posters at the bottom of the box. I grab them and walk to my door and stick them on the outside of my door. I smile at my work.

"James, Iris, dinner is ready." Mum yells from what I assume is the kitchen. "Coming." James and I both yell. James and I walk into the kitchen as Mum sets down our food. I notice Mum has used her AC/DC table cloth. "Sweet, dim sims with homemade sauce." James says as he bolts to his seat. I smile and walk to the table and sit down. I pick up my fork and take a bite of delicious dim sim heaven as Mum and Dad sit down. After dinner I headed to my room. There is knocking at my door. "Jason and Ana told me to tell you, lights out." James says. He still refers to Mum and Dad to Jason and Ana. Mum and Dad only adopted him 4 years ago. "Okay, night James." I say as I turn off the T.V and snuggle into the duvet. "Night Iris." James says as he closes my door. 'I am dreading tomorrow.' are my last thought before I slip into dreamland.

"Upy Upy, Iris." Mum says as I slowly wake up. "Get ready for school." She says as she closes the door. I really don't want to get up but I do with my Ouran high school host club duvet rapped around me. I walk over to my closet and look through my clothes. I choose my Death Note shirt, normal jeans, chain belt, 'Anime is better then physics.' hoodie and my treasured Des&Nate shoes. I walk out to the lounge room and say goodbye to Mum and Dad before walking to the door and grabbing my bag with James right behind me.

James and I enter Driftwood high and head straight to the front office. From there we go our separated ways since he's in year 12 and I am in year 11. I go to my designated locker. I open my locker and put my bag in my locker and grab the books in my locker along with my PC. I walk to where my home room is and walk up to the teacher. "Um Mr where do I sit?" I ask. "Anywhere you like miss........ Iris Jackson?" The teacher says. I nod and walk to the far left hand corner. I log on to my PC as other student pile in. I glance from my PCs screen to the students in the room and notice they are staring at me. I roll my eyes and continue to write the story that I had just started. A few of the students gather up the courage to walk over to me and ask questions. "What's your name?" "When did you start school here?" and "Where are you from?" I stay quiet, hoping they will leave me alone. they eventually go back to their seats and leave me alone. After awhile of typing and playing games another person walks up to me. "Move." Is all they say. I look up and see a tall and tan guy with brown curly hair. I go back to writing my story which I had to decided to make it a horror story. "Are you listening to me, I said M.O.V.E" He says. I keep my gaze on my PC. "Oy Mike leave her alone, go find some other seat." a girl says. "Shut it Jackolen." Says Mike as he turns around. I catch a glimpse of a girl with black hair and white tips. "Make me." She retorts. She walks past him and sits next to me. "Like I said go find another seat." She says. Mike glares at the girl and walks off. "Hey there I'm Jackolen but call me Jackie." Jackolen says with a wave. "I'm Iris." I say as I try to smile. "Wow, Iris is a pretty name." She says. "Thanks." I say as I go back to my PC.

"What do you have after lunch?" Jackolen asks as she takes a bite out of her mint slice. "Um...... Art." I say as I check my schedule. "Oh great, lets go to your locker and grab your art stuff and we'll be early to art so I can introduce you to Miss Quail." She says as she grabs my arm and walks towards our lockers. apparently Jackolen's locker is next to mine. I grab my sketch book and go to close my locker but someone bumps into me which makes me drop my sketch book. Jackolen picks it up and goes through it. "Whoa these are great, btw who's the guy?" She asks, handing it back to me. "My older brother." I say in a mere whisper. "Lets go to the art room." She says as she drags me along.

We walk through the art room door. "Miss Quail. I have some one you should meet." Jackolen says. "Hello Jackie, who is this?" Miss Quail says nodding towards me. "This is Iris Jackson, she's your new student. Iris show her your sketch book." Jackolen says as she grins. I pass my sketch book to Miss Quail. "These are amazing, so detailed." She says while flipping through it. I hear a sudden noise come from the right side of the room. I notice Jackolen walk over to the cupboard and open it and out falls a pale boy with black hair which is styled in a way that you can't see one of his eyes, but it's not exactly a scene hairstyle. "Alex? What are you doing hiding in there?" Jackolen asks while helping him up. "Hi sis..... I thought you were a teacher so I hid in the cupboard." the boy responds. "And to think you're older then me." Jackolen mutters. The Boy looks around and notices me. "Oh...... Um........ Alex, Iris. Iris, Alex." Jackolen says. I hear the art door open so I turn around and see my brother James. "I.... Forgot..... My pencil..... Case." James says while taking long breathes. "James?" I say as I look around and spot his pencil case. I grab it and walk to him. "Iris? what are you doing here?" James asks. I smile. "I have art next, stupid." I say as I give him his pencil case. James nods in thanks and leaves. "Was that your brother?" Jackolen asks. "Yes, he is my idiotic brother."

Art flew by and next thing I know I'm walking to Jacklen's house after school. I told James to tell Mum that I was at a friends place. "You're brother's cute." Jackie tells me. "Blah, yuck. Well he's actually my foster brother." I say while keeping pace with her and Alex. "Whoa, when was he adopted?" Jackie asks. "Four years ago." I say as I notice in the corner of my eye that Alex starts paying attention. "So..... Where you from?" Alex asks with caution. "America." I say as my ring tone goes off. "Forget about the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took. Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second flo-" I answer my phone. "Hello?" I say. "Hey Iris, I miss you soooooooooo much." Says Bree, sounding drunk. "Are you drunk?" I ask. "Nooo, just very.... Very dizzy." Bree replys. I laugh lightly. "So how is it down under?" Bree asks. "Cold." I say with a fake chitter of my teeth. "I thought It was a dessert." Bree says in a serious. tone. "Not in Victoria." I say as I start feeling boiling hot in my hoodie. "Oh I heard it rains most of the year and the rest of the year is a huge heat wave." Bree says. "Kay text me later Bree." I say as I hang up then pull my hoodie off. "Is..... that a death note shirt?" Alex asks as his eye drift to my shirt. "Yep and there's only four others like this one." I say with a smile.