Chapter two

"Oh yeah right!" Yellow gasped, "Bianca is so clumsy! She'll never make it" she said with confidence as she, Hilda, and Lyra walked to their gym class.

"Sure she isn't well coordinated," Hilda said, pulling her dark brown hair into its usual ponytail "But she's got spunk, and since we're down two girls, I'd say she's our best bet"

Yellow snorted, "As if" she snapped, taking her phone out and tapping away at the screen.

Lyra rolled her eyes, "Last time I checked, Hilda was captain and not you blondie" She snapped.

"Whatever...you couldn't even make the team" Yellow hissed.

Lyra narrowed her eyes and opened her mouth to speak, but Yellow cut her off, changing the subject.

"Oh Hilda! Do tell us about your new man!"

Hilda blushed, "Oh come on Yellow, it's nothing!"

"Oh it's not nothing if you're blushing!" Yellow accused.

Hilda sighed, "We couldn't date even if it was something" she said, "Our families hate each other"

"Aw it's forbidden love!" Lyra chirped.

"There's no love!" Hilda denied, her face as red as a stop sign.

Lyra and Yellow giggled, "Sure there isn't" Lyra teased, rolling her eyes.

Hilda grunted and crossed her arms, "Whatever. Let's just get this last period over with. I've got a lot to do, but I'm glad you two are going to help me"

Lyra cringed, "Um...about that...I'm actually busy after school today" she said.

Hilda looked at her friend in shock, "What?!" She exclaimed, "You promised you'd help! What could you possibly be doing?"

"Gold" Yellow suggested, snickering.

Lyra snorted, "Gold? Yeah right! Never!"

"Ahem!" Hilda interrupted, "What are you doing after school?"

"I've...got work today" Lyra lied.

"I thought you didn't work on Thursdays" Hilda said, raising an eyebrow.

The trio made their way into the gym, heading to the locker room to change into their gym uniforms.

Lyra laughed nervously, "Turns out they need me today. It was a last minute schedule change. Sorry Hilda!"

Hilda sighed in frustration, "It's fine. Yellow and I can handle it by ourselves"

"What? No way she gets out of it that easy!" Yellow retorted.

"Do we have a problem?" Hilda asked, sending a glare at Yellow.

Yellow visibly flinched, "N-No!"

"Good"

Lyra snickered.

Yellow narrowed her eyes at Lyra, "Shut up, loser"

~~~