Chapter six

"How was your party?" Silver asked as Lyra handed him a cup of coffee.

"I honestly can't remember." Lyra chuckled, blushing, "I think there may have been alcohol there?"

Silver scoffed. Typical.

The two teenagers arrived early as not to be seen by any of Lyra's friends. They walked to their first class together, Lyra dreading the math class.

"Why is it so hot in here?" Lyra groaned, fanning herself.

"Because it's warm outside and you're wearing a long sleeve shirt?" Silver answered.

Lyra flinched, "Right."

Silver raised an eyebrow at Lyra's flinch, but a smile was plastered on her face before he could question her.

"So Silvey, what are you doing this weekend?" She asked.

"Nothing with you."

Lyra shrugged, "Well if you change your mind..." she pulled out her phone and wiggled it in Silver's face, "I'm only a few taps away!"

"Great." Silver groaned.

Lyra suddenly stopped walking, grabbing Silver by the arm.

"Look! Hilda posted the results from tryouts!" Lyra chirped. She pointed, "Look! It's Bianca!"

Silver followed Lyra's finger and saw that Bianca's name was on the list.

"Oh wow." Silver said.

"Isn't it exciting?" Lyra chirped, still holding onto Silver's arm.

Silver jerked his arm from Lyra's grasp, "I guess so."

"Hilda was so happy she agreed to try out, ya know?" Lyra said, returning to their walk to class.

"Why?"

Lyra shrugged, "I guess they were friends growing up."

"They're not anymore because...?"

"Heck if I know." Lyra said, shrugging.

The two finally made it to their classroom. The teacher wasn't there yet, so Lyra and Silver stood outside by the door.

"So..." Lyra sighed, "Who's Kris?"

Silver stiffened, "Kris?"

"Gold mentioned her during one of his drunken monologues." Lyra explained, rolling her eyes.

"I thought you were wasted, too?"

"It was the next morning. He called me, still drunk."

"And why did you think to ask me?"

"He mentioned you too."

"What did he say about me?"

"Who's Kris?" Lyra asked once again, ignoring Silver's question.

"She's...just a girl I used to know.

Lyra seemed dissatisfied with Silver's answer, but nodded anyway. Just at that moment, Hilda came running up to Lyra, beaming.

"Lyra! Guess who asked me out!" Hilda chirped, not acknowledging Silver. Maybe she just didn't notice him.

"N did?!" Lyra squealed.

Hilda nodded frantically, "Yeah!"

"And your parents are okay with it?"

Hilda frowned, "They don't know. Let's keep it that way please?"

Lyra nodded. Hilda seemed to finally notice Silver, "Hear that? No one knows."

"Secrets safe with me, White. I wouldn't tell your friend Yellow though. Just a thought." Silver said, leaning against the wall lined with lockers.

Hilda opened her mouth to retort, but Lyra put a hand up, "He won't tell anyone, Hilda."

"How are you so sure?" Hilda asked suspiciously.

"I just assume he doesn't want you to murder him."

Hilda nodded, satisfied with Lyra's answer. She was also satisfied with the fact 80% of people were afraid of her.

As Lyra and Hilda droned on and on about Hilda's new boy, Silver shut them out, waiting for their teacher to finally come in and open the door.