Chapter 1

It was a never ending cycle with my mom an her episodes. It was always a new guy "john" as the streets would call it. I drowned them out most of the time. Some get what they come for an leave with no problem, some on the other hand just isn't satisfied with what my mom had to offer. When they would come after me my mom would always protect me from them, the one thing she was actually good for. Being a mother is what she sucked at, I grew to understand she will never be what I expect a mother to be. We don't have any family here in Brooklyn New York. My mom moved here when I was 5 after the killing of my dad, "her pimp" she would call him. When my mom would get high out of her mind she would tell me stories of her past which were never anything good. When my mom was 12 her mom sold her to a pimp name Lucky who got her strung out on heroin to control her. He fell in love with my mom making him over protective of her causing him to abuse her at any chance he got for over thinking. He got her pregnant a few times but she always ended up losing the baby by his hand. When she got pregnant with me she knew she had to find a way out. She couldn't take losing another baby to his abusiveness so she stashed away money every chance she got. But somehow he found her stash an beat her some kind of awful so when he fell asleep that night my mom sliced him from ear to ear an ran never looking back. In those streets murders like that to people like lucky go unnoticed an unsolved setting my mom free. But in Brooklyn with no family, no money, no job an a baby my mom was forced to do the only thing she knew how to do "sell pussy". Bringing her right back where she left off but worst. I feel sorry for her sometimes because it's not her fault the way she is she had no say so in the life that was forced on her. Leaving me with a unfit mom fending on my own. I had little friends because of the way I dressed an looked, which I had no choice I was taking care of myself but the friends I did have I loved them whole heartedly. Chasity was my best friend I knew her since kindergarten our moms were in the same line of work leaving us to be the adults. Chasity had it worst than me an was always trying to come up with a plan to run away but always came up empty handed with no clue where she would go. Carter was my guy best friend his parents were nothing like ours but we still connected the same. He was our getaway on nights when we needed to just lay back an be teenagers for once. His parents loved us, I think they felt sorry for us. But none the less they always welcomed us with open arms an never spoke on our home issues. The summer is ending an we have about 2 weeks left before our first day in high school. I don't know what to feel I'm a straight A student in school but high school is much different more kids that will rag on me about my clothes and shoes. I'm a pretty girl with my petite frame big butt hazel eyes long curly hair an light skin complexion I got from my mom. Even still I don't match up with the other girls an their designer clothes an shoes. Plus I've never even had a boyfriend. But I'm ready for this new year maybe I can find a job since I will be 16 in less than 2 months.