Acceptance

(Note: The cover came from my good friend Lava_Pink who makes great covers! That is if she can find some ahahha, now all she needs to do is to make stories so that her covers have a use ahahah! Anyway! Peace out!)

I didn't know what I was doing at the time even until now. I only knew one thing. And it was to continue forward.

Honestly, I didn't know when I started to walk. Sometimes I would see people, they varied I knew. Some were tall, some were small, some were huge, some were tiny, some were masculine, some were frail...

At times I would try and talk to them. But they never responded to me. Sometimes they would ignore me and continue walking and other times they would stare at me blankly.

I didn't know if it was because they had a destination. But I knew those chains were scary.

I looked at my own feet. There, a metal ball chained to my left leg was there. I don't remember when it started. I don't why it was here.

But I knew it made me want to stop and look at it.

There were times I would see something flash but then it was gone. It made me curious but that curiosity only made the ball heavier.

I would always continue walking through the vast mirror like world. There was no light and the only thing that would guide me was the light of my hands and chest. There were times I would see the other people collapse and their light fading away.

I would watch in horror. I wanted to help but a second metal ball was added to my shaking legs. I desperately looked around if these people would help.

But they kept walking like zombies.

Eventually I would stand there. The second ball growing bigger and bigger until my own light would fade. The voice screaming to walk, don't stop walking!

I hated it.

I would keep on walking, each steps would make me tired. Each step draining me. There were times where I would momentarily stop and I would see those flashes.

I think the others see them. But they never stop and talk to me. They continue walking with their chains growing and growing.

Their chains were unique, once, I saw this person dragging their feet and tied to their chains was a beautiful cage for birds. The cage was beautiful but oddly empty.

I almost thought that it was wrong for it to be empty.

Whenever they looked back and saw that golden light shine, they would abruptly stop and cry. They clawed at the cage that kept getting farther and farther away. Their light flickering too fast.

It made me nauseous seeing their light flickering too bright and too faint. My own eyes burning and I tried to look away but my morality wouldn't.

Sadly, that annoying voice would force me to walk away. It felt unfair, unfair to them and to me, I still had sympathy and my light would shine for them. But the voice would remind me of something dreadful. Again, I couldn't save anyone.

The voice told me. They plagued my head with useless and mind numbing questions.

Why would I need to save them? They never saved me.

Hearing myself say those words made me realize. That everyone only cared for themselves. I don't know why that hurt. I forced myself to throw that thought away.

I don't know why. I don't know why I force myself to forget it. I don't know why I keep on walking.

Where? Where am I going?