What are we?

"I don't know, Robin. I think we're together but he's not one for labels." Ricken vents to his friend, Robin Reflet. Robin looks through her book and ponders Ricken's problem, "Maybe you need to take the advantage and label him your boyfriend first. Henry seems to be in his own world most of the time so you have to initiate." Ricken stands up and closes his book, "Maybe you're right. Well Henry should be done with his little club so I better get going." Robin raised her brow, "Club? What club?" Ricken smiled, "He's in the animal magic club."

The small mage makes his way over to the tome lab to meet his partner. The door opens to let out a tall dark haired girl with a deadpan expression, "Hello, Ricken." Ricken nervously smiles, "Hey, Tharja..."

Henry pops his head out, "Ricken! Come inside! Look at this!" Ricken is pulled past the other Plegian and into the room where Henry is holding a vile of red liquid. "Pure raven blood! This is amazing!" Ricken looks around the room, "Is it hurt!? Did you tend to it!?" Another student put their hand on Ricken's shoulder, "Be calm. The blood is from a physical performed on the animal, cruelty free." Ricken sighed and motioned towards the door, Henry follows after placing the vile away.

The Plegian unlocks his dorm door and invites the Ylissean inside. Ricken takes a seat on his cobweb covered couch under the dim string lights that litter the upper walls. Henry makes his way to a cage that holds his gooey familiar. He opens the cage and it crawls into his hand, "Hey there, Icky!" Ricken twirls his wand between his fingers, thinking about how he'd call Henry his "boyfriend". Henry reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a miniature bottle of blood he pocketed, "Brought you a little snack. Then you'll be the perfect familiar...well more perfect!" Ricken watches as Henry feeds the blood to the ball of slime. The slime gruesomely forms bones right before his eyes and sprouts skin and feathers. The goo had become a raven! Ricken stares in awe at the magic pet, "Henry! Oh my goddess! That's amazing!" Henry smiled even wider and opens the door to the hall, "We gotta see how he flies!" Ricken runs after him to the courtyard.

Henry raises his arm up and the bird takes off. Icky takes some time to learn but soon enough, he's flying. Henry spins ricken around and laughs, "Yay! I've always wanted a raven!" Ricken giggles at his antics, "Wow, Henry!" Henry looks up at the bird.

"You're an amazing mage...and boyfriend," Ricken says above a whisper. Henry turns to Ricken and blushes bright pink, "and...what?" Ricken's face burns and his head runs for an excuse, "I'm sorry if I read you wrong! I won't do it again! I mean I just thought tha-mff!" Henry kisses him softly. Ricken's tense shoulders soften at this and he slowly pulls away, "So you're not mad?" Henry shakes his head, "When am I ever mad? I can't believe I have a boyfriend! A romantic partner!" Ricken shyly giggles and is put down on his feet.

Henry still holds him tight, "If anyone were to hurt you...there'd be blood...