1

A/N

I want to thank you guys for clicking on this book whether if it was on accident or on purpose. I love you guys with all my heart and I hope you enjoy this book. Here is the first chapter, I hope you guys enjoy. x

Y/N = Your name

Y/L/N = Your last name

  —  

| Chapter One |

Matt screamed at you but before he could finish his insult, you slammed the door right in front of his face. You locked the door immediately and put your back against it, throwing your hands over your face. Matt was once again, drunk. You knew that all the cruel things he said to you, wasn't true. You knew it was just the alcohol talking. But it still hurt. It still hurt like hell.

He would call you all sorts of names. You never really let it get to you, but the more it happened, the more it began to hurt you. You started to get really annoyed with him getting drunk at least three times a week. You knew that you had to give Matt up, you knew you wanted to leave him for somebody better.

But you knew that if you broke up with Matt, you would have an instant regret. Matt's abusive, if he doesn't get what he wants, he lets his anger out all on you. You hated it, but you loved it at the same time. He was handsome, he was charming, he was evil. He would manipulate your thoughts and take complete control over you.

You never had the guts to tell him how you felt about him. You were always quiet about your feelings. But you knew you were a good actor because you act every single day. You go to work with a smile on your face and nobody knows about your pain. Nobody suspects a thing, and you want to keep it that way.

But soon, you've been feeling more sick to your stomach than usual. You've been feeling more depressed than you usually have. You've had horrific things happen to you when you were younger but you've never told anybody about it. You haven't even told your best friend, Shaun Murphy. But as long as he didn't assume anything about you, you were fine with it.

There were bunches of things that you haven't told Shaun, and one of them was your abusive relationship with Matt. He knew that Matt was your boyfriend, but he never knew that Matt abused you. Your mind was flooding with all negative thoughts, signaling that you had to go to sleep. So that's what you did, you dragged yourself upstairs and plopped onto your bed, and in a blink of an eye, you were out.

*** 

The next day was the same as usual, you got into your work outfit and headed to work. You worked at the same hospital as Shaun, which was good. You at least had a friend there to help you out with stuff that you were uncertain about. Shaun has helped you to become a better worker and a better doctor. There were some things you couldn't handle during surgery, but Doctor Melendez was usually there to take over.

You entered through the normal entrance and as usual, Shaun was one of the first people there. He was chatting with Claire and Jared. You smiled and began to walk up to Shaun, calling out his name.

''(Y/N)! Look who finally made it on time.'' jared joked, smiling at you with his charming smile.

''First time for—''

''(Y/N)!'' shaun interrupted. ''Your eye.'' he said, pointing at your face.

''My..'' you touched near your eye, wincing at the pain that it brought you.

A flashback came to you and you remembered last night at the party when Matt got drunk, he punched you in the face. He punched you because you two got into a heated argument and he hit you. You completely forgot about it, and you didn't know how you didn't notice it in the morning while you were brushing your hair. You snapped back into reality and saw the three doctors staring at you.

''What happened to your eye?'' shaun repeated, tilting his head to the side.

''I just ran into a door, that's all.'' you lie, shrugging it off.

''Honey,'' claire chimed in. ''running into a door wouldn't do that.'' claire stated, shaking her head in disbelief.

''It's really-''

The intercom soon turned on and demanded you to head down to the recovery room. You sighed in relief and said your goodbyes to the threesome, rushing off to the recovery room. When you made it to the recovery room, you saw the patient that you recently did surgery on, Daisy. She was a twelve year old who broke her leg and she really liked you.

''Doctor (Y/L/N),'' dr. melendez greeted. ''Daisy isn't quite awake yet.'' he said, walking up to you. ''But, she told me that when she woke up, she would want you to be with her.'' he informed, handing you a file.

Dr. Melendez pats you on the back and leaves the room. You look down at the file and open it up, taking out the x-rays of her broken leg. You make your way over to the side of her hospital bed and sat down on the chair beside her. You continued to flip through her files as she remained asleep and calm. While you were still reading through her papers, a light knock came to the door, making you look up.

''What are you doing in here Shaun?'' you ask quietly, looking back down at the files.

''Me and Claire talked with each other and we were both convinced that you lied to us out there.'' shaun answered, his hands intertwined with each other. ''I was wondering if you could tell me the actual truth?'' he asked innocently.

''Shaun,'' you chuckled, raising your eyes up back to him. ''I told you, I ran into a door.'' you smirk.

The room was silent, the only sound was the breathing of little Daisy. Shaun blinked and continued to stare at you blankly. His gaze soon left you and he began to look around the room as usual.

''Okay (Y/N).'' he huffed, avoiding eye contact. ''I know that you are not telling the truth,'' he declared. ''But Claire needs me and I need to go.'' he continued. ''So, goodbye.''

Shaun turned around and exited the recovery room, leaving you feeling guilty as ever. Shaun has told you everything, but for some reason, you just couldn't tell him about your abusive boyfriend. You couldn't tell him about your terrible past. You didn't know what to do, but now that Shaun was gone, you tried to just forget it. And you really hoped that Shaun would forget too.

***

A/N

Well, there is my first chapter. Thank you for making it this far! I'm proud of you :)

If you want to know what is going to happen next, go ahead and add this book to your library! It will inform you of when I add the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote!

Don't forget to comment your thoughts on this chapter!

You guys are amazing,

Love you all,

-blushinghard