Chapter : 5 The New Boy

The New Boy. The last time I had that title when I was introduced to my football team. My team. Not wanting to be saddened more than I already am, I tried to shake off the negative thoughts. It's time to face the music. Am I ready? No. Do I have a choice? Also no. So here's another year in hell.
My first period was Chemistry and clearly I didn't know where my class was. In other words, I was a lost puppy. God, I hated feeling vulnerable.
'Hey, you need help?' Comes a peppy voice. I turn around to see an over enthusiastic boy. He's lanky, with curly hair and Colgate smile. Typical, eh?
'Um no thanks dude, I'll figure it out' i lie.
'You sure? You did seem kind of lost'
Thanks captain obvious. 'Thanks dude but I got chemistry and I don't want to me more late than I already am.' I say in the hopes of getting rid of him.
'No way! I have Chem too! What a coincidence bro.' Um, bro who?
'Well, I guess I'll tag along' so much for wanting to be alone.
'So what's your name?' I make a poor attempt at having a convo.
'Im Alex. But you can call me Al' he flashes me the same optimistic smile as Blake. No. He doesn't come CLOSE to Blake.
'Cool, and Im Josh and you call me Josh'
'Ok man' he says with a slight smirk.
The bell rings as we settle in class. I see people giving me all sorts of looks and whispering in hush-hush tones. As soon as the teacher comes in, I'll have to give the mandatory introduction and God help me if I fumble because by the looks of it, the kids here don't seem all that nice. God, I hate being the new boy.
Amidst my thoughts I feel someone tug at my jacket, so I look up and find the teacher already looking at me. Oh great! First day and I've already made a fool outta myself.
'Uh yes miss?' I ask ignoring the eyes of practically the whole class on me.
'I was just thinking Josh it'd be great if u got up and introduced yourself to the class' she gives me what's meant to be a friendly smile.
Oh boy, I definitely hate being the NEW BOY.