BY Pass

By Pass

By Matt Werynski.

Chapter 1: The Meet Up.

“Yo Denis. What’s up homie?” I asked.

‘’SHHH!

screamed Walter, the librarian.

“Nothing really, Jamal. When did you get in here?” By the way, when Denis said this place,’’ he means ‘’ Philadelphia State Prison ‘’. You might be wondering why I'm here and i'm going to tell you.  I murdered a guy that is part of a rival gang because he killed my best friend.  Right now we are in the library because we have to sign up for a job and I didn't want to touch that nasty food.

Chapter 2: The Book.

My homie Grant walked in and it all started.

 ‘’ Yo Jamal. what’s this book about?’’ Said Grant

 ’’I don't know. I've never seen it before.’’

 Thats when we opened it and in red ink it says. Never open this book (unless you want to escape jail) The first page said ‘’Walls’’. They read it. After about 20 minutes they found out that it taught them how to walk through walls.

 ‘’ Yo Jamal. I'm going to try it.’’ Denis runs at the wall and BANG!  Jamal and Grant start to crack up.  So then they read on and they found out that you have to jump 24 times.  Then I'm up and he went straight through the wall and ended up in a rival gang meeting.  All of the members got up and tried to beat him up but he started to jump and he’s back through the wall. Right on the other side is Denis and Grant with their mouths wide open.

Chapter 3: The Plan.

It was a hot summer day in the middle of August and Denis, Grant, and I were sitting on the bleachers of the basketball courts.

‘’We need to get out of this place in the next two weeks because in we don't the gang is coming after my family.’’

I said,

‘’Whats the Plan.’’

Denis said,

‘’I got one, don't worry.’’

‘’Well, you're going to tell us it right’’

‘’Yes, I’m going to write a letter to my gang members to wait in a car about 1 mile south of this place and once they write back, wer’e gone.’’

That night I spent about 30 minutes in my cell writing this letter.

Dear Gang,

My friends and I found a book that teaches us how to walk through walls. So we need you guys to wait about a mile south of the jail in a car to pick us up. If you don't the gang is going after my family.

     Your fellow gang member,

Jamal Jenkins

The next day I wrote a fake letter to put on top of the real one.  So the police don't suspect anything. When they go through the mail.

Chapter 4; Escape

It’s August 18 about 8:15 at night.  Grant Dennis and  I are all ready with some black hats and a black shirts.

‘’Once it’s dark out, we are leaving,’’ I said.

Then about an hour later, we are all jumping 24 times to get ready for the first wall. We all go at once and we end up in the male cell block and start to jump. ‘’Denis, we have two more walls.’’ I said,

The next wall is the female block. we have one more wall then we are in the courtyard.  Then all of a sudden we see a flash light coming around the corner and we hop. We end up between the walls. Then about a minute later we check if the coast is clear but the guard is right in front of us and then he moves.  Then we go for the last wall and end up outside and we feel the warm summer breeze against our faces.  Then we see that there are patrol cars and search lights going around the field. So we go all at once and use the cover of darkness to hide our orange jumpsuit pants. Then once we get to the barbed wire fence, we start to hop and I start to get butterflies in my stomach cause i'm so nervous.  Then 1,2,3,4 and all I hear is BANG BANG before we are on the cold hard concrete dying slowly.