Caleb Vincent

Caleb Vincent.

Today’s Mood: Uh... the normal.

Today’s Song: Time Of Your Life -Green Day

Today’s Outfit: Jeans, Plain grey t-shirt, navy blue leather jacket and sneakers.

Accessories: Silver Rolex

I grabbed my car keys off the shelf in the living room as I went downstairs. I had to drive Chelsea to her boyfriend’s house. Can’t she get a car of her own?! After that. . . some nerds were gonna take my help for Geometry. I sighed and said, “Chels! Come on! I’ll leave without you if you’re not quick!”

“Blame a girl for not finding her silver necklace when her gay brother decided to try it on!” She said, angrily. I felt a slight blush rising on my cheek. This wasn’t the first time I had borrowed Chelsea’s jewellry. And boy she looked mad. Then she got into the car and said, “I’ll tell you where to stop so that I’m not seen with you.” This was completely normal for me. Nobody in my family wanted to be seen with me. Because I was gay. I sighed and said, “Alright.” I started the car and drove till the cafe. Just at the turning, Chelsea said, “Stop! I’ll walk from here.” She got out, grabbed her white skin-tight jacket and left her hair loose over her neck. I had to admit, my twin sister looked beautiful! She looked absolutely stunning! Especially when her straight black hair fell on the back of her neck! Not like I was falling for her. . . I mean YUCK! I don’t even know HOW she got a boyfriend. She’s like the most freaky girl ever! I hate her! So anyway, she left and said, “Oh yeah. . . stop staring at me like that.” I blinked and looked away. Was I staring at my sister?! Whoa! What the fish was wrong with me?! Chelsea was already half-way down the sidewalk when I started the car and backed out from there. Then I reached the library where we were supposed to ‘discuss’ Geometry. When I got there, the whole bunch of nerds (wow! All of them had glasses!) stood up and made way for me. I sat down and said, “Hey guys.”

“Hi Caleb.” They all said in a robotic voice. Suddenly a girl came running in, her glasses all wonky and her auburn hair ruffled. She said, “Am I late?”

“Yes you are Karen. By two minutes!” Said one of the guys sitting there. He didn’t look like he was being sarcastic at all. Karen nodded and sat down. Then she said, “So. . . who’s Caleb?”

“Me.” I said. She looked at me and smiled.

“So what were we studying?”

“Geometry! Karen! I told you that about five times!”

“Geometry?! Gosh! I thought you said Trigonometry!”

“Uh Karen. . . that’s part of Geometry.” I said.

“Oh!” She said, elongating it a lot. I giggled under my breath and proceeded to give a lecture. Every few minutes, Karen would ask a question and I would answer it. Usually it was a question like, “So. . . if this into this is equal to this. . . then what is the difference between this and the previous equation?”

“One has x squared Karen!” One of them would answer. By the time she asked her tenth question, they were all exasperated with her. She was about to ask her eleventh question when I said, “If you have another doubt, write it down. Write down all your doubts until the end of this ‘discussion’ and I’ll answer them.”

“OK!” Every few seconds, she would scribble down something on a piece of paper. Finally it was over and she gave it to me. The questions all had complicated answers so it took me another hour to explain the whole thing to her. At the end she said, “Ohmygod! Thanks Caleb! I understood EVERYTHING! Mom’s gonna be so happy when I get my A+!”