Chapter Four

Farrah woke up, her eyes wide open. She sat up in her bed almost immediately and looked around, dizzily. Where am I? This isn't my room. Breathing heavily, she began to panic until a nurse walked in. 

"You're awake!" the nurse exclaimed, happily. She hurriedly poured a cold glass of water and handed it to Farra who gratefully downed it. "My name is Leah and I'll be helping you for now. Luckily, you don't have any blisters on your legs and they weren't damaged from the frostbite,"

"Frostbite...?" Farrah coughed.

"You also have a mild fever," Leah said. "If it weren't for your boyfriend, then you'd probably lose the feeling in your legs. He came in, all bloody and his ribs were broken, too. You found a good one,"

"... Boyfriend?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry are you guys not together?" Leah asked, covering her mouth. 

Farrah gasped and attempted to leave the bed, taking off all the wires out. "Where is he? Where's Kai?! I need to talk to him... I need to see him!" Farrah shouted. Leah pushed her back down on the bed. "Don't try to stop me!"

"I'm not!" Leah replied. "Unless you want to crawl to his room, then I suggest you use a wheelchair. He's in the room right next to you, so the doctor won't mind it if you left the room for a little bit,"

Leah pushed the wheelchair towards her and helped her onto it. "Hurry, I have to go to him," Farrah said, her eyes burning from threatening tears. Leah smiled, determined and gripped the handles, pushing her out of the room as fast as she could. Holding Kai's door open, Farrah rolled into the room. 

He was lying in bed, holding a book in front of his face. Farrah pushed towards him and it wasn't until she actually arrived at his bed that he noticed her. Kai looked at her, surprised and eyes the wheelchair. "Um... hi," Farrah muttered, gripping her armrests. Kai sat up, letting out a groan of pain due to his ribs. 

It was quiet for a few seconds until Kai hit Farrah on the head with the book. "Ow," Farrah clutched her head and looked up at him. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you're an idiot, you ever realize that?" Kai pointed out, calmly. "You could have gotten yourself killed out there! Or worse! What the hell were you thinking?! You're lucky that I wa--"

Kai stopped short noticing the tears pooling out of Farrah's eyes. "This is all... my fault," she sobbed, laying her head down on the bed, near his stomach and shaking from the memories. "If I hadn't run out of the house... If I had stopped bothering you, then you would be okay,"

He looked at her strangely, but reluctantly put a hand on her head. "It's not your fault, idiot," Kai muttered, looking at anything but her. "It was all mine. I should have noticed you were in pain instead of making it worse,"

"W-what?" Farrah asked, tears continuing to pool out as she lifted her head up and looked at him. 

"Aaron told me your story," Kai said, "you know,  about your mom and the debts,"

"Oh..." Farrah sniffed, wiping her tears away. 

"I'm sorry," he murmured, his voice barely audible. There was a small blush on his face and it was as if he wasn't used to saying such a word. It was like saying sorry was a foreign word that he had just learned. 

Farrah smiled and for a moment she felt her heart beat faster than normal. Huh? What was that? Probably just my fever... She shook away the feeling and laid her head back on the bed. As an instinct, Kai put his hand on her head again. 

"Aw, you two are just so adorable," Aaron's voice rang out from behind them. Farrah jerked her head up, causing Kai's hand to fall off her head. A blush furiously rose up to her face, but Kai looked as if nothing had happened. 

"Who invited you?" Kai asked, bluntly. 

"I invited myself because I'm just that cool!" Aaron replied. "Is that any way to talk to your friend, Kai?"

"Oh? Are we friends?" Kai said,

"Kai!" Aaron gasped. "Did you lose your memories?! Did that tall guy hit you in your head with a baseball batt or slam your head into the brick walls?! You can't forget me, please tell me you haven't forgotten me!"

"Oh, shut up," Kai sighed. "It's very hard to get your annoying voice out of my head, so I don't think it's even possible to forget you,"

"That is possibly one of the nicest things you have said to me in the past eight years!" Aaron wiped away his fake tears. "Anyway--" Aaron pulled a chair up and sat in it-- "Kai is supposed to get out in a few days, but Farrah can leave tomorrow,"

"I see," Kai said, suddenly staring into space. 

"Farrah, how're you feeling?" Aaron asked. 

"My legs are throbbing and tingling with pain a bit. I have a small fever, too," Farrah, replied, "but other than that, I'm doing quite fine, thank you,"

"That's good," Kai and Aaron said at the same time. Farrah smiled at the two of them. 

Silence took the room over until the door slammed open and a certain strawberry blonde stood in the doorway, out of breath and breathing heavily. "Alison!" Farrah grinned, waving. "How'd you know I was in the hospital?" 

"Beside the point!" Alison growled, stomping over to Farrah and slapping her on the head with a magazine. Farrah clutched her head again. "How stupid can you get?!"

"Why is everyone hitting me in the head?"

"You tell me you're fine when you're obviously not, you walk out of the house with no shoes, you almost lose your innocence to a pair of men you don't even know, and you end up in a hospital!" Alison shouted. "Are you out of your mind!? Do you know what could have happened if he wasn't there!?" 

"How do you know all of this stuff?" Farrah asked, covering her head. 

"Why're you covering your head?" Alison huffed, putting a hand on her hip. 

"Because I thought you were going to hit me again," Farrah chuckled nervously, lowering her hands. There was a sudden glint in her eyes.

"Well, you were right!" Alison declared, hitting her on the head once more.

"Ouch," Farrah groaned. "You guys are so mean,"

"The doctor called me-- He found my contact on your phone," Alison replied, looking at the two guys sitting in front of her. Aaron looked absolutely terrified while Kai seemed to be amused. "So, which one of you is Kai? I'd like to say something to you," 

Aaron pointed at the black-haired dude on the bed. 

Alison smiled and inched closer before she hit him on the head, too. "Ow," Kai muttered.

"You are a big douche bag, ya know that?! If you weren't so mean to her, Farrah would be happier! If you had just eaten her food or listened to her, you or she wouldn't be in the hospital right now!" Alison exclaimed, hitting him on the head a couple more times.

"Alison, it's okay, there's no nee--"

"I know," Kai cut Farrah off, looking straight into Alison's eyes. "I know that I was being selfish, stubborn, and extremely stupid. She was only trying to help and I was being a complete and utter fool,"

Alison breathed in. "At least you can admit your faults," she smiled, putting her magazine in her purse. Alison looked at Aaron. "Who are you? The super friendly guy?"

"I guess...?" Aaron smiled, uncertainly. "I'm Aaron,"

"I'm Alison," she grinned. 

Farrah looked around. Is it okay to believe that everything will be fine now?