Nymphadora Tonks

He runs so much faster than me- it's the wolf in him- that he's more or less dragging me along, but I do my best to keep up.

"Remus, slow down!" I pant, and he stops for a moment, looking in my eyes.

"You heard the explosion. Everyone else is defending the front, we have to deal with this ourselves."

"Remus, I'm scared."

Unexpectedly, he smiles at this. "I'm not. You know why? Because I'm with you."

I feel a new determination spreading through me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

And we run. This time, I can tell he's going slower for me. We reach what used to be the Divination tower, now just a hole through which death eaters are swarming in. At least seven are already racing towards us, launching off their first attacks, and more appear over the side, apparently climbing up the tower.

"Ready?" Remus has a look of acceptance on his face. We can't win this alone, we are far too outnumbered. But we will fight to the end for the cause.

"Ready."

And then it's a blur. It's well past the time for stunning spells; green flies in every direction, one hit meaning instant death. We put up a strong fight, taking out dozens of death eaters and narrowly avoiding being killed ourselves, but we quickly get backed into a wall. This is it, then. I see the triumphant look across the growing number of Voldemort's followers, and feel a swell of pride at the Order. We've done our best, and I still know we can win this, we have to! I think of Teddy, probably asleep in his crib, and know that one day he will be proud.

I feel Remus's take my hand in his, and he is suddenly illuminated in green. He slides down the wall, gone. I face his killer, a death eater I recognize as Antonin Dolohov, and he grins.

"You won't win this," I hold back my tears.

"We already have." And then he raises his wand.

A/N: Thoughts? Is this worth continuing? Requests? Thanks for reading!