Lavender Brown

They are here. Throughout the castle echo terrible shrieks and roars, and its easy to see we are massively outnumbered. Escape was so tempting, but then they showed up; Hermione Granger, Harry, and ... Ron. How could I abandon my friends and teachers? Immediately I was filled with insane guilt, but now I'm going to make up for it! I was one of the first out of the Room of Requirement, racing for the Herbology area, seeing Professor Sprout all alone. But it turned out that the plants she has so devoted herself actually acted as extensions of herself- roots ripping upwards from the ground to strangle Death Eaters, poisonous plants acting as her own army, trees whipping their branches as though deadly weapons. She was not alone at all. A scream got my attention back inside the halls, and I followed it to find a Hufflepuff and a couple of Ravenclaws I was barely familiar with. Now, after banding together against a pack of Death Eaters, we are inseparable. Though small, we are an army. We race through the empty hall, pieces of the roof crumbling and falling in deadly chunks, and as we are turning the corner, a bolt of green flies from seemingly nowhere, landing square in one of my comrades chests. He falls immediately to the ground in a heap. The Hufflepuff cries out; that was her brother. I am searching desperately for the attacker, when the second curse hits the sister. It came from the roof; as I look up to defend my only allie left, a beautifully intelligent Ravenclaw named Natalia, that entire section of the roof seems to disintegrate, a massive beast of matted fur landing down, barely distinguishable as human. Who hasn't seen the wanted posters? It's the murderous werewolf, Greyback. Natalia and I turn the corner and run, heartbreakingly dodging the lifeless bodies of our friends. Natalia, tears running down her cheeks, is a couple years older than me and much faster. I struggle to keep up, but when she tries to slow down for me I shake my head. I turn my head and see Greyback calmly turn the corner, blood dripping out of and down his mouth. I see him drop down on all fours, a bull preparing to charge. I stop, Natalia unnoticing. Good, she needs to get away. I see the balcony to my right and brace myself. I jump.
Pain radiates through my body, I can't move, but it works. Jumping down after me, Greyback says through a bloody smile, "Are you going to fight me?"
I shakily get my wand ready. I just have to hold him off long enough for Natalia to get away. It takes less than a second for the Death Eater to be directly in front of me, and as I-
"Lavender?!" I hear Natalia from above and stop, just long enough for his claws to rip across my chest, the impact of his swipe throwing me into a wall, bricks tumbling down around me.
All of the life seems to drain out of me with the blood pouring from my chest. I struggle, "Run."
I don't know if she does.
Greyback leaps next to me, mouth over my broken body like a dog over his food bowl, and I hear a shriek, not Natalia's, "No!" I see Hermione appear behind Greyback and raise her wa-