Chapter 3

Harry stood up, and I felt like shit. I felt like a horrible person. He looked out at the city below us, then down at his shoes as he rubbed the back of his neck. He started to the door back inside.

"Harry, I-"

"No," he interjected. "It's okay. I understand. We should probably get back downstairs, the guys are probably getting worried. Especially Niall." I opened my mouth to speak, but had no words. I just nodded silently, and he went back downstairs leaving me on the roof. 

What had I just done? I broke his heart, that's what. His heart belonged to me, and I just crushed it. I stayed on the roof for a while, letting my millions of thoughts swirl through my head. In that moment, I'd made a choice. 

I looked down at the streets below. They were a lot emptier than I had anticipated, but that worked in my favor. I jumped down from the hotel roof, my vampire abilities allowed me to land on my feet like a cat. I took a deep breath, and then looked back up to the roof that I had jumped from. Then I started walking. I didn't know where I was going, but I decided I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't keep hurting the guys like I have been. I've brought back so much pain from their past, and I couldn't do that to them anymore. They deserved better.

I walked for hours, passing by random strangers on the street. I had only just realized that none of these people knew of all the supernatural creatures that walk among them. It's been a while since I'd actually thought of the people around me. I'd been so caught up in everything with the guys, that I hadn't really been myself. The sky was getting lighter, as the morning came. I was pretty tired, and half expected to fall asleep standing up. 

The guys had most likely noticed that I never came back. If not, then they weren't as observant as I had originally thought. They were probably looking for me, now. But I know they have to be at rehersals today, so I'll be good then. But for now, I needed to lay low. 

*Niall's PoV*

Jamie has been missing for hours. I don't know what the hell happened on the roof, but I have a feeling that it was something Harry said. I was tempted to confront him about it, and yell at him. But doing that wasn't going to bring Jamie back. I didn't know where she could be, and had no idea where we would start looking. We had to be at rehersals in a few hours, and there was no way we could skip out again.

I didn't bother to quiff my hair today, and just put on a snapback. I had a simple baggy Tshirt and sweatpants, while the lads didn't dress much different. There was no point in dressing nice for rehersals. Since Paul was still immobile, we had another gaurd drive us to the Stadium. I hadn't paid much attention to the people telling me what to do. The choreographer couldn't get my attention to save his life, Lou, our hair stylist, didn't do much better. People asked me if I was alright, but I always told them I was fine and just a bit distracted. I think Lux even could tell something was up, she spent a lot more time hugging me than usual.

After a long day at rehersals, where our floor doors in the stage broke, Liam fell up the glass and metal stairs, I almost got my head knocked off backstage, and Louis was almost electricuted, we finally got to come 'home'. Needless to say, we all were a bit distracted. Who knew what Jamie was doing right now?

I worried endlessly about her. I still don't even know why she left! I don't understand; she got Harry back, she takes him to the roof, and then leaves? It doesn't add up.

"I'm going to look for her." I said randomly into the air. All of us were doing our own things, at the time when I said it.

"What?" Zayn questioned.

"I'm going to look for Jamie. She's out there, and she needs me. I can feel it." I replied, determinedly.

"Well, you're not going alone." Harry said. I quickly glared at him, and I saw a muscle in his jaw twitch.