Alaskan Life

The moist air of the winter breezed had flown into the half transparent open window. It was yet again another day of cutting down multiple trees to make a fire place. What a maddening thing to do every Monday. As Ivy inactively got up out of her bed and folded her bed sheets, she felt the frosty air of the morning darkness. What a horrible thing to wake up out of. She quickly yet slowly went to shut the window fully close. The sides of the room were mainly made out of transparent glass that was custom made by her father Mr. Taylor Richardson. Its thick glass can take snow that can be 2 times its height. Very durable for this winter in Alaska.

She let go of the window and sniffed a retched smell that was definitely not coming from Ivy's room. This was coming from the kitchen, one of dad's thin sliced moose meat. She always hated how he would cook it, since her mother is not their for the week and her 17 year-old brother is still in his slumber, there was no way to face the horrifying smell and taste of her fathers secret seasoning. She could not open the door since she was nearly half clothed. She put on her fur shirt, blue skinny jeans, bear fur boots and a heavy jacket.

She wanted to avoid the continuation of going down the stairs and eating that breakfast. Plus she was going to cook up left over deer from last nights dinner. She wanted to wake up the mummy from his tomb, but she knew he acts like know one is there. She had to be brave and bold, she took the first step slowly down the stainless steel steps. One by one, step by step until a quarter left of stairs. She wanted to look to see if he was still there beginning to start his errands. As she slowly turned to the left, no one was there, empty of sound. He was either in the study or in the middle of hunting errands. Mr.Richardson owns the most famous company in Alaska, Richardson and Co. Her father sells meats that are mainly found in cold areas, moose, dear, rare fish, and bison. His errand is to ship thousands and thousands of meat to ship from the Americas to Russia or Europe.

She quickly went down the rest of the stairs in caution of being caught by her father or pranked by her devious brother, Justin. There were no sign of tem both so she relaxed herself and took the container with deer into the portable microwave. She put a plate down o the table. She felt a very cold sensation in her right thy and it continued to annoy her. She turned to the right and saw a make shift launcher with very cold water balloons.

"Really!?" as she slapped her sides knowing that this would happen. He does these pranks once a month, not knowing when they would ever come. One time, she was outside in the very large 9-acer backyard. She stepped in mistake a deep hole that was filled with eggs and mud. Her favorite custom boots were ruined and was need to be thrown away. She never forgot about that time. She cleaned up the horrible mess as she was finished with her deer stew. That was her favorite type of meat, without a doubt she could live on that any day.

She was ready but lazy to cross the door and start her task. She had to force herself to get through the door and start working. Once she was out in the bitting cold of the morning, she took out her checklist of things to do at the ranch. She need to clean, feed, and play with the husky dogs and belgian draft horses that were owned by her. These animals were a gift on her birthday last year. What a major party she had. She then needed to go into the woods and pick thick pine trees to saw and cut down. She quickly put in the checklist in her pocket and started with the dogs. She had six dogs Emma, Oreo, and Angus were the adult. The other two were puppys from Emma and Oreo which were Stella and Tater. The last dog was found by Ivy when her brother was driving the jeep. She just saw him there hopless and malnurished and freezing from the flaming cold. She couldn't help to see animals suffer. His name is Abel because he was able to stay alive in the 50 degrees below zero winds. That night was the coldest night in record in Alaska.

She first started with Emma's pen which had Stella and Tater being fed. The pin had a retched smell of dog manure and aged out food. She had to do this errand everyday. Smell the same exact disturbing smell agian and agian. and continue to clean the rest of the pens until all were done. She let out all the dogs in a big incloser. She then came to the closed ranch which had three Belgain draft horses. There were named Brudus, Kristy, and Allen. She did as so the same way she cleaned the pens, broomed, hosed, and brushed from one corner of the stall to the next. She told herself When i'm finished with cutting down dumb old trees, i'll ride on one of my horses. And so she did, she found the most thickest and tallest trees in the infested forest and sawed them one by one until she couldn't fit anymore on her snow mobile. Her brother had to cut down piece by peice and take off the pines that were still there.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

She put down with an unmistakable stop to the stem of the tree. She was taking off the enormous mounds of pine tree off the snow mobile. Ivy was definetly tired to ever ride on her favorite american paint horse type of color horse (Brudus). With its long hair flowing in the gusting winds, that would be a dream and a goal for her. She tied down the trees to the frosty floor by taking nails and hammering it to the ground. The high winds made it more difficult to finish the task. She felt sweaty and exhaughsted after her hard work. Since it was a Saturday she was able to go inside, sit down in the highly decerative living room lay back on the LazyBoy furniture and watch her favorite show: Awkward.