Wanna One

Wanna One (Hangul: 워너원) is a South Korean boy band project formed by CJ E&Mthrough the 2017 series Produce 101 Season 2. The group is composed of eleven members: Kang Daniel, Park Ji-hoon, Lee Dae-hwi, Kim Jae-hwan, Ong Seong-wu, Park Woo-jin, Lai Kuan-lin, Yoon Ji-sung, Hwang Min-hyun, Bae Jin-young and Ha Sung-woon. The group debuted on August 7, 2017 and will be promoting until December 31, 2018 underYMC Entertainment and CJ E&M.

Wanna One was formed through the 'survival' competition series Produce 101 Season 2, which aired on Mnet from April 7 until June 16, 2017. Out of an initial 101 traineesrepresenting various agencies, the final 11 were chosen by audience voting and announced via live television broadcast.

Before appearing on the program, several of the members were active in the entertainment industry. Park Ji-hoon was a child actor and had appeared on drama series such as Kimchi Cheese Smile and The King & I. He had also made appearances on several variety shows alongside the boy bands BIGBANG andSS501. In 2012, Hwang Min-hyun made his musical debut as a member of the groupNU'EST. Kim Jae-hwan made his first appearance on season 2 of Korea's Got Talent but was eliminated during the semi-final. In 2014, Ha Sung-woon had previously debuted as a member of the group Hotshot.

2017-present: Debut with1X1=1 (To Be One) and 1-1=0 (Nothing Without You)Edit

Wanna One signed with YMC Entertainment(who previously managed season one's winning group I.O.I).Unlike I.O.I, however, Wanna One members will not be permitted to participate in other activities with their original agencies.

The group participated in a final concert that took place on July 1 and 2, 2017 at Olympic Hall in Seoul to mark the end of Produce 101 Season 2.

The group officially debuted at an event titledWanna One Premier Show-Con that took place at the Gocheok Sky Dome on August 7, 2017.

The group released their debut extended play 1×1=1 (To Be One) on August 8, 2017, with the title song "Energetic", originally composed by Hui of Pentagon and FlowBlow, with lyrics written by Hui and Wooseok ofPentagon. Two music videos were released for their debut.

On November 13, Wanna One will release their repackaged album, 1-1=0 (Nothing Without You).

The group was recognized for their immense brand recognition and marketing power. They ranked second in the 30 "Power People" survey by Ilgan Sports, for their influence among broadcasting companies and advertisers.

**

credits to Wikipedia